Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Subclipse Update?
Subclipse Update? [message #776963] Mon, 09 January 2012 15:42 Go to next message
Reinhardt Christiansen is currently offline Reinhardt ChristiansenFriend
I'm running Eclipse Indigo, 3.7.0, and just got an unexpected problem when I tried to Check For Updates under Help. The task started okay, then I got a message:

'Contacting Software Sites' has encountered a problem. No repository found at http://subclipse.tigris.org.

The Eclipse error log indicates that same problem.

Two questions then:
1. What's up with subclipse.tigris.org?
2. How do I get past this and update everything except for Subclipse? Every time I try to run Check for Updates, the process stops at this point.

I know that the Eclipse team consists of some very sharp people so I'm very surprised the process just stops on the first error and gives no way to proceed despite the problem with Subclipse. If it was me, and I'm sure I'm not as sharp as the Eclipse developers, I would have notified the user that such-and-such an update site is not available but would have let the user update other elements of his Eclipse setup. I assume there's a good reason why this is apparently not the case.

Do I have to do a fresh install of the latest version of Eclipse to get past this problem?
Re: Subclipse Update? [message #777006 is a reply to message #776963] Mon, 09 January 2012 16:33 Go to previous message
Reinhardt Christiansen is currently offline Reinhardt ChristiansenFriend
I managed to solve this issue myself. It turns out that I had an extra update site that wasn't valid in my update preferences. Removing that solved the problem and now I'm able to complete the Check for Updates process.
Previous Topic:How to Collect Java Program Information After Compilation
Next Topic:Visually Graph Heap - New JDT Plugin Beta Release
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:49:14 GMT 2024