Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BIRT » Birt 3.7 - Frameset mapping crashes my Tomcat server
Birt 3.7 - Frameset mapping crashes my Tomcat server [message #774932] Thu, 05 January 2012 00:06 Go to next message
payen bertrand is currently offline payen bertrand
Messages: 5
Registered: January 2012
Junior Member
Hello,

For the last 2 days I have been trying to get "Birt Viewer" being working under Tomcat 6.0.30 (I use the Tomcat server delivred with Pentaho 3.9). My PC is under Java jdk 6.0.30, Win XP 3, and I'm "admin" when I'm testing.

I followed step by step the installion tutorial (...simple ... well..), but nothing to do... when I want to launch the
"...localhost:8080/WebViewerExample/frameset?__report=test.rptdesign&sample=my+parameter" 

,
there is only the "menu" displayed, and after a while "Tomcat server" crashes.

Everything seems working fine with "/run" or "/preview" mapping ....but there isn't the Ajax menu...

I tested under "Firefox 8" and "IE 8".

There is nothing interesting (for me...) in Tomcat's / Birt's Log files, even with "ALL" logging option.

Am I the only person with this problem ? Does somebody have an idea how to solve this strange problem ?
Any clue ?

Thanks for your help Smile

Bertrand
Re: Birt 3.7 - Frameset mapping crashes my Tomcat server [message #774937 is a reply to message #774932] Thu, 05 January 2012 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason Weathersby
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

Bertrand,

As a test can you download a stand alone copy of Tomcat? I have the
Birt Viewer installed on the last 3 major releases of Tomcat with no
issues. Do you get any information in the tomcat logs (ie not viewer
logs). Also are you setting the max perm size setting in the JAVA_OPTS
in the catalina.bat file. This should not stop the viewer from starting
but is needed for large reports.
I use:
-XX:MaxPermSize=256m

Jason


On 1/4/2012 7:06 PM, payen bertrand wrote:
> Hello,
>
> For the last 2 days I have been trying to get "Birt Viewer" being
> working under Tomcat 6.0.30 (I use the Tomcat server delivred with
> Pentaho 3.9). My PC is under Java jdk 6.0.30, Win XP 3, and I'm "admin"
> when I'm testing.
>
> I followed step by step the installion tutorial (...simple ... well..),
> but nothing to do... when I want to launch the
> "...localhost:8080/WebViewerExample/frameset?__report=test.rptdesign&sample=my+parameter"
> ,
> there is only the "menu" displayed, and after a while "Tomcat server"
> crashes.
> Everything seems working fine with "/run" or "/preview" mapping ....but
> there isn't the Ajax menu...
>
> I tested under "Firefox 8" and "IE 8".
>
> There is nothing interesting (for me...) in Tomcat's / Birt's Log files,
> even with "ALL" logging option.
>
> Am I the only person with this problem ? Does somebody have an idea how
> to solve this strange problem ?
> Any clue ?
>
> Thanks for your help :)
>
> Bertrand
Re: Birt 3.7 - Frameset mapping crashes my Tomcat server [message #775194 is a reply to message #774937] Thu, 05 January 2012 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
payen bertrand is currently offline payen bertrand
Messages: 5
Registered: January 2012
Junior Member
Jason,

Thanks for your response.

Tomcat's log (for my last test on Tomcat 7):
org.apache.axis.utils.JavaUtils isAttachmentSupported
ATTENTION: Unable to find required classes (javax.activation.DataHandler and javax.mail.internet.MimeMultipart). Attachment support is disabled.

and, in the Localhost_acces_log there is :
127.0.0.1 - - [05/Jan/2012:15:18:34 +0100] "GET /WebViewerExample/ HTTP/1.1" 200 2420
127.0.0.1 - - [05/Jan/2012:15:18:34 +0100] "GET /WebViewerExample/styles/iv/index.css HTTP/1.1" 404 1073

It's like if index.css was unreachable...is it important ? (if yes : where could I configure its access..)
And the last log file (named => localhost + date) :
INFO: ContextListener: attributeAdded('org.apache.jasper.compiler.TldLocationsCache', 'org.apache.jasper.compiler.TldLocationsCache@14d1d41')


I have tested under many "stand alone" Tomcat version, from 6 to 7. Nothing changed.
The problem doesn't seems to be coming from memory parameter (I tested your indication, and many others, but nothing changed).
The only things I noticed is that the test report was loading correctly when tomcat was running as a Windows's service.
I'm sure that there is something wrong in my PC config...as nobody on Google says having this problem.

Bertrand
Re: Birt 3.7 - Frameset mapping crashes my Tomcat server [message #775282 is a reply to message #775194] Thu, 05 January 2012 18:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason Weathersby
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

Bertrand,

Are you sure this is not a permission problem?

Jason

On 1/5/2012 9:39 AM, payen bertrand wrote:
> Jason,
>
> Thanks for your response.
>
> Tomcat's log (for my last test on Tomcat 7):
> org.apache.axis.utils.JavaUtils isAttachmentSupported
> ATTENTION: Unable to find required classes (javax.activation.DataHandler
> and javax.mail.internet.MimeMultipart). Attachment support is disabled.
>
> and, in the Localhost_acces_log there is :
>
> 127.0.0.1 - - [05/Jan/2012:15:18:34 +0100] "GET /WebViewerExample/
> HTTP/1.1" 200 2420
> 127.0.0.1 - - [05/Jan/2012:15:18:34 +0100] "GET
> /WebViewerExample/styles/iv/index.css HTTP/1.1" 404 1073
>
> It's like if index.css was unreachable...is it important ? (if yes :
> where could I configure its access..)
> And the last log file (named => localhost + date) :
>
> INFO: ContextListener:
> attributeAdded('org.apache.jasper.compiler.TldLocationsCache',
> 'org.apache.jasper.compiler.TldLocationsCache@14d1d41')
>
>
> I have tested under many "stand alone" Tomcat version, from 6 to 7.
> Nothing changed.
> The problem doesn't seems to be coming from memory parameter (I tested
> your indication, and many others, but nothing changed).
> The only things I noticed is that the test report was loading correctly
> when tomcat was running as a Windows's service.
> I'm sure that there is something wrong in my PC config...as nobody on
> Google says having this problem.
>
> Bertrand
Re: Birt 3.7 - Frameset mapping crashes my Tomcat server [message #776578 is a reply to message #775282] Sun, 08 January 2012 20:46 Go to previous message
payen bertrand is currently offline payen bertrand
Messages: 5
Registered: January 2012
Junior Member
Jason,

...I don't know....I'have spent too many days on this problem ...

I'am going to install Linux (...my target production server) and test it again.

Thanks.
Previous Topic:Birt Chart Script Error
Next Topic:slight lag when running first report
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Tue Sep 23 02:32:13 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01777 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software