Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » M2T (model-to-text transformation) » [Xpand] Generating multiple times to the same file
[Xpand] Generating multiple times to the same file [message #774665] Wed, 04 January 2012 11:14 Go to next message
Daniel Strueber is currently offline Daniel StrueberFriend
Hello,

The XPand reference introduces the FILE statement as a means to create a new file out of a given expression. I have a situation where I not only need to create a file, but also to update it multiple times, each time expanding its contents.

So, is it possible to generate text into an existing file without overriding its contents, or even with respect to its existing contents?

Regards, Daniel
Re: [Xpand] Generating multiple times to the same file [message #774706 is a reply to message #774665] Wed, 04 January 2012 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
Hi, it is possible to configure an outlet to append stuff to a file.
For everything else you have to take action yourself

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: [Xpand] Generating multiple times to the same file [message #774783 is a reply to message #774706] Wed, 04 January 2012 15:45 Go to previous message
Daniel Strueber is currently offline Daniel StrueberFriend
Thanks for your reply.

Since appending isn't a suitable solution in my case, I think I'll have to generate some temporary files and integrate them in a seperate workflow, then.
Previous Topic:Xpand: avoid duplicates?
Next Topic:[Acceleo] *.emtl files missing when building updatesite
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 07:49:29 GMT 2024