Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Cannot connect to the user region of VTS 3.5M1 via remote SSH
Cannot connect to the user region of VTS 3.5M1 via remote SSH [message #773269] Sun, 01 January 2012 02:44 Go to next message
Frieder Heugel is currently offline Frieder HeugelFriend
Hi guys

I have a problem when trying to connect to the user region (2502) of VTS 3.5M1 via SSH. It doesn't accept equinox/equinox and therefore I cannot change the credentials and access the Equinox console. Connecting to the kernel region (2402) and changing the credentials does work though. Following are some lines from the log file (not sure if they are of any help).

NioProcessor-6   org.apache.sshd.server.session.ServerSession   Session   created...   
NioProcessor-6   org.apache.sshd.server.session.ServerSession   Client   version   string:   SSH-2.0-PuTTY_Release_0.60   
NioProcessor-6   org.apache.sshd.server.session.ServerSession   Received   SSH_MSG_KEXINIT   
NioProcessor-6   org.apache.sshd.server.kex.DHG1   Received   SSH_MSG_KEXDH_INIT   
NioProcessor-6   org.apache.sshd.server.kex.DHG1   Send   SSH_MSG_KEXDH_REPLY   
NioProcessor-6   org.apache.sshd.server.session.ServerSession   Send   SSH_MSG_NEWKEYS   
NioProcessor-6   org.apache.sshd.server.session.ServerSession   Received   SSH_MSG_NEWKEYS   
NioProcessor-6   org.apache.sshd.server.session.ServerSession   Received   SSH_MSG_IGNORE   
NioProcessor-6   org.apache.sshd.server.session.ServerSession   Received   SSH_MSG_SERVICE_REQUEST   'ssh-userauth'   
NioProcessor-6   org.apache.sshd.server.session.ServerSession   Accepting   user   authentication   request   
NioProcessor-6   org.apache.sshd.server.session.ServerSession   Authorized   authentication   methods:   password   
NioProcessor-6   org.apache.sshd.server.session.ServerSession   Received   SSH_MSG_IGNORE   
NioProcessor-6   org.apache.sshd.server.session.ServerSession   Received   SSH_MSG_USERAUTH_REQUEST   
NioProcessor-6   org.apache.sshd.server.session.ServerSession   Authenticating   user   'equinox'   with   method   'none'   
NioProcessor-6   org.apache.sshd.server.session.ServerSession   Unsupported   authentication   method   'none'   
NioProcessor-6   org.apache.sshd.server.session.ServerSession   Received   SSH_MSG_USERAUTH_REQUEST   
NioProcessor-6   org.apache.sshd.server.session.ServerSession   Authenticating   user   'equinox'   with   method   'password'   
NioProcessor-6   org.apache.sshd.server.session.ServerSession   Authentication   failed   
NioProcessor-6   org.apache.sshd.server.session.ServerSession   Closing   session   
NioProcessor-7   org.apache.sshd.server.session.ServerSession   Session   created...   
NioProcessor-7   org.apache.sshd.server.session.ServerSession   Client   version   string:   SSH-2.0-PuTTY_Release_0.60   
NioProcessor-7   org.apache.sshd.server.session.ServerSession   Received   SSH_MSG_KEXINIT   
NioProcessor-7   org.apache.sshd.server.kex.DHG1   Received   SSH_MSG_KEXDH_INIT   
NioProcessor-7   org.apache.sshd.server.kex.DHG1   Send   SSH_MSG_KEXDH_REPLY   
NioProcessor-7   org.apache.sshd.server.session.ServerSession   Send   SSH_MSG_NEWKEYS   
NioProcessor-7   org.apache.sshd.server.session.ServerSession   Received   SSH_MSG_NEWKEYS   
NioProcessor-7   org.apache.sshd.server.session.ServerSession   Received   SSH_MSG_IGNORE   
NioProcessor-7   org.apache.sshd.server.session.ServerSession   Received   SSH_MSG_SERVICE_REQUEST   'ssh-userauth'   
NioProcessor-7   org.apache.sshd.server.session.ServerSession   Accepting   user   authentication   request   
NioProcessor-7   org.apache.sshd.server.session.ServerSession   Authorized   authentication   methods:   password   
NioProcessor-7   org.apache.sshd.server.session.ServerSession   Received   SSH_MSG_IGNORE   
NioProcessor-7   org.apache.sshd.server.session.ServerSession   Received   SSH_MSG_USERAUTH_REQUEST   
NioProcessor-7   org.apache.sshd.server.session.ServerSession   Authenticating   user   'admin'   with   method   'none'   
NioProcessor-7   org.apache.sshd.server.session.ServerSession   Unsupported   authentication   method   'none'   
NioProcessor-7   org.apache.sshd.server.session.ServerSession   Received   SSH_MSG_USERAUTH_REQUEST   
NioProcessor-7   org.apache.sshd.server.session.ServerSession   Authenticating   user   'admin'   with   method   'password'   
NioProcessor-7   org.apache.sshd.server.session.ServerSession   Authentication   failed   

Can somebody confirm this issue?

On more thing. I was trying to access VTS via remote JMX (JConsole and programmatically) and first it didn't work. Then I figured that JConsole doesn't pick up the truststore until I used the following command line arguments along with JConsole.

jconsole.exe -J-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=C:\Java\virgo-tomcat-server-3.1.0.M01\config\keystore

The same problem exists when trying to access Virgo programmatically until I use the following VM arguments.

-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=C:/Java/virgo-tomcat-server-3.1.0.M01/config/keystore

Probably it's just some gap in my knowledge but maybe it's worth mentioning it in the user guide anyways.

Frieder
Re: Cannot connect to the user region of VTS 3.5M1 via remote SSH [message #773357 is a reply to message #773269] Sun, 01 January 2012 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hristo Iliev is currently offline Hristo IlievFriend

I could not login to 2502 nor with equinox/equinox neither with admin/springsource as mentioned in the User Guide/Equinox Console. Can you please open a bug for this?

As for JConsole you can use the bin/jconsole scripts. This is described in the User Gide/JMX Access
Re: Cannot connect to the user region of VTS 3.5M1 via remote SSH [message #773365 is a reply to message #773357] Sun, 01 January 2012 10:26 Go to previous message
Frieder Heugel is currently offline Frieder HeugelFriend
Hi Hristo

Thank you for your reply. I filed a new bug 367687.

Regarding the JConsole issue I somehow completely overlooked that there is a jconsole.bat in the Virgo bin/ folder and always used the one from the Java home directory (especially when trying to access from a remote location). Maybe I should get myself new glasses Wink

Thanks

Frieder
Previous Topic:Virgo 3.5.0.M01 released
Next Topic:Virgo application server support
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:18:21 GMT 2024