Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Eclipse does not save changes to run configurations. Any clue?
Eclipse does not save changes to run configurations. Any clue? [message #772799] Fri, 30 December 2011 16:11 Go to next message
Sebastien Diot is currently offline Sebastien DiotFriend
Since I got a new (Windows) computer at work, I have problems with Eclipse not saving changes to my run configuration. Sometimes it will work but rarely. I haven't found a repeatable pattern yet. It will not give me an error, but if I look in the file, nothing changed, and if I reopen the run configuration dialog, the changes are gone. It does not make a difference how I leave the dialog/wizard. It will create the files automatically, but any change I do in the UI gets lost. While I sometimes get around it by editing the files manually, this is a pain because I don't know what the different parameters are called. What I usually do is ask a coworker to do the change on his PC, and then copy his run configuration onto mine, which is, as you can imagine, a real pain. We are over a dozen here, using the same Eclipse configuration, and I'm the only one with this problem. Worse, I installed a completely new Eclipse (moving from Helios to Indigo), and used a new Workspace, and the error is still present. I had this problem for over 6 months; it's not just something from the newest update, but updating does not help.

Is this a know problem, or am I the only one who's got that?

I'm using "Eclipse IDE for Java Developers"
Re: Eclipse does not save changes to run configurations. Any clue? [message #773064 is a reply to message #772799] Sat, 31 December 2011 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tomasz Zarna is currently offline Tomasz ZarnaFriend
First thought: is the launch configuration file located somewhere in your workspace, in a shared project?
Re: Eclipse does not save changes to run configurations. Any clue? [message #773695 is a reply to message #773064] Mon, 02 January 2012 10:05 Go to previous message
Sebastien Diot is currently offline Sebastien DiotFriend
I'm not sure what you mean by "shared project". I use "normal", independent Java projects (the same project checked out once per bug/feature, using the bug/feature name). The launch files are stored under:

C:\workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.debug.core\.launches\
Previous Topic:Is os.version>=10.7 legal in osgi platform filter?
Next Topic:How do I load multiple version of same plugin
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:15:06 GMT 2024