Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Web Tools Project (WTP) » Query regarding WST API
Query regarding WST API [message #771506] Tue, 27 December 2011 13:20
Sourabh Joshi is currently offline Sourabh JoshiFriend
Hi,
We are developing an RCP product which provides build and deploy capabilities.
One of the functionality requirement is to be able to deploy our web components in server (created dynamically using API based on users selection). For example if user selected JBoss then Jboss Server must be created and configured.

After configuring the server we need to start the server with some web applications already published.
After that I want to add a new web application to the running container in eclipse(without restarting the server as it takes a lot of time to deploy several applications). I also want to unpublish and republish some projects in the running container without stopping.

I am refraining from restarting the server as our applications frequently change and since there are many of those server restarts are costly from end user experience point of view. We might even think about not exposing the server view itself.

All the above requirements needs to be achieved programmatically via publically exposed API's (not using any internal classes).

Is this possible first of all and if so, then how should I proceed? Are there any code samples/which demonstrate the same.
Previous Topic:Web Application Deployment
Next Topic:Axis, missing qualified name problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Nov 23 17:27:47 GMT 2014