Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Documentation on searchResultViewPages extension point
Documentation on searchResultViewPages extension point [message #769725] Thu, 22 December 2011 10:40 Go to next message
tiphaine.turpin is currently offline tiphaine.turpin
Messages: 1
Registered: December 2011
Junior Member
Hi,

I am working on an Ecplise plugin for a wonderful language (OCaml) and would like to implement an action to search for an identifier in a project. I know how to add actions, get the currently edited file, cursor position, etc., and I have a tool (external) to compute the list of matches (file, position tuples).

Now for displaying the matches, as a clickable result list, it looks like I should use the searchResultViewPages extension point, but I can't understand its heavy API (ISearchResult, ISearchResultPage...), and how tied it is to querries and dialogs (which I don't need).

Two questions : is it the right API to use ? and does it have a good documentation somewhere (couldn't find anything other than the API reference and extension point reference). I would appreciate any hints before I give up and implement this with a view, and low-level mouse handling.

Thanks for helping,

Tiphaine Turpin
Re: Documentation on searchResultViewPages extension point [message #775599 is a reply to message #769725] Fri, 06 January 2012 05:35 Go to previous message
Dani Megert is currently offline Dani Megert
Messages: 3801
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
On 22.12.2011 16:40, tiphaine.turpin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am working on an Ecplise plugin for a wonderful language (OCaml) and
> would like to implement an action to search for an identifier in a
> project. I know how to add actions, get the currently edited file,
> cursor position, etc., and I have a tool (external) to compute the
> list of matches (file, position tuples).
>
> Now for displaying the matches, as a clickable result list, it looks
> like I should use the searchResultViewPages extension point, but I
> can't understand its heavy API (ISearchResult, ISearchResultPage...),
> and how tied it is to querries and dialogs (which I don't need).
>
> Two questions : is it the right API to use ?
Yes.
> and does it have a good documentation somewhere (couldn't find
> anything other than the API reference and extension point reference).
I don't think so.
> I would appreciate any hints before I give up and implement this with
> a view, and low-level mouse handling.
I suggest you take a look at one of the existing implementation (File
search or Java search).

Dani
>
> Thanks for helping,
>
> Tiphaine Turpin
Previous Topic:problem in referencing primary key
Next Topic:How to show browser view in Eclipse
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Jul 31 11:41:30 EDT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.08373 seconds