Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BIRT » How to handle click on image with areas
icon5.gif  How to handle click on image with areas [message #767264] Sat, 17 December 2011 13:41 Go to next message
JKowalski  is currently offline JKowalski
Messages: 2
Registered: December 2011
Junior Member
Hi,

i have an image with some areas (i.e. administrative borders) and i want to develop BIRT component that allows bind areas with hyperlinks (or drill-throw links). For example - an image with map of Europe, we clicking on Poland and exploring some report for this country.

I have coordinates for that areas on image, but i have a problem - i can't find method that allows to get coordinates of mouse click.

Could you say me please, is there ability to add some handler for mouse click event? Or can i add mouse click coordinates to component hyperlink parameters? Is there some documentation about that? Smile

I thinking about writing custom renderer that will replace image with image+javascript output, but i hope to find simplest method Smile

Sorry for my english.
WBR,
J. Kowalski.
Re: How to handle click on image with areas [message #768285 is a reply to message #767264] Mon, 19 December 2011 21:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason Weathersby
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

You could always set the bookmark property for the image report item and
then use a script tag to register a javascript event for it. Take a
look at the attached example.

Jason


On 12/17/2011 8:41 AM, JKowalski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i have an image with some areas (i.e. administrative borders) and i want
> to develop BIRT component that allows bind areas with hyperlinks (or
> drill-throw links). For example - an image with map of Europe, we
> clicking on Poland and exploring some report for this country.
>
> I have coordinates for that areas on image, but i have a problem - i
> can't find method that allows to get coordinates of mouse click.
>
> Could you say me please, is there ability to add some handler for mouse
> click event? Or can i add mouse click coordinates to component hyperlink
> parameters? Is there some documentation about that? :)
>
> I thinking about writing custom renderer that will replace image with
> image+javascript output, but i hope to find simplest method :)
>
> Sorry for my english.
> WBR,
> J. Kowalski.
Re: How to handle click on image with areas [message #768614 is a reply to message #768285] Tue, 20 December 2011 13:16 Go to previous message
JKowalski  is currently offline JKowalski
Messages: 2
Registered: December 2011
Junior Member
Jason Weathersby wrote on Mon, 19 December 2011 16:00
You could always set the bookmark property for the image report item and
then use a script tag to register a javascript event for it. Take a
look at the attached example.

Jason


Thank you! So simple... It works Smile
Previous Topic:Disable drill through actions in PDF format
Next Topic:Drag and Drop function for Bird
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Oct 23 18:42:47 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.12549 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software