Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » GEF » What is the best framework for developing a graphical editor?
What is the best framework for developing a graphical editor? [message #766507] Thu, 15 December 2011 22:46
sebastian.sprenger is currently offline sebastian.sprengerFriend
Hallo,

I am kind of confused: I want to create a graphical Editor to create dynamically loaded nodes (from external plugins) and connections between those nodes.

At the moment I work with the Graphical Editing Framework (GEF) and it offers all I need to fullfill my needs. However, GEF is quite complicated and I like the easy way. So I read about the Graphical Modeling Framework (GMF) and Zent.
I thought that Zent ist more for diplaying models than for editing and displaying models.
I also thought that GMF, because of its generic way of creating graphical editors, is (in the end) very complicated to adjust my needs.

Then I found Graphiti, which seems to be very promising. However, Graphiti is quite new and there is not as much documentation.

Because all these Frameworks (GEF, GMF, ZENT and GRAPHITI) are complicated, my opinion is probalby wrong, so ...
Please give me a hint, which framework you would use.

Best regards,

Sebastian
Previous Topic:Does GEF apply for drawing fine figures?
Next Topic:Any suggestion to create flow chart diagram?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 18:21:15 GMT 2024