Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Unable to print image on Excel output in BIRT 3.7.1(Unable to print image on Excel output)
Unable to print image on Excel output in BIRT 3.7.1 [message #764673] Mon, 12 December 2011 16:34 Go to next message
JP Redro is currently offline JP RedroFriend

Hi All,

I am using BIRT 3.7.1 for building a report and showing output in Excel format. Output is looking good but the logo is not appear on top. How to show image on Excel output. Please advise.

Thanks
RED

Thanks,
JP
Re: Unable to print image on Excel output in BIRT 3.7.1 [message #764708 is a reply to message #764673] Mon, 12 December 2011 17:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

If you are using the default excel emitter it does not support images.
You may want to look at Tribix emitters or
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1421-native-excel-emitter-plugin-for-birt/

Jason

On 12/12/2011 11:34 AM, JP wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am using BIRT 3.7.1 for building a report and showing output in Excel
> format. Output is looking good but the logo is not appear on top. How to
> show image on Excel output. Please advise.
> Thanks
> RED
Re: Unable to print image on Excel output in BIRT 3.7.1 [message #764979 is a reply to message #764708] Tue, 13 December 2011 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JP Redro is currently offline JP RedroFriend

Thanks Jason,

I have downloaded the jar and placed in BIRT > plugins folder. But still the problem is same. Please suggest me how to achieve this.

Thanks,
RED

Thanks,
JP
Re: Unable to print image on Excel output in BIRT 3.7.1 [message #765241 is a reply to message #764979] Tue, 13 December 2011 17:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

Take a look at this post:
http://birtworld.blogspot.com/2011/07/replacing-default-birt-xls-emitter.html

Jason

On 12/13/2011 3:12 AM, JP wrote:
> Thanks Jason,
>
> I have downloaded the jar and placed in BIRT > plugins folder. But still
> the problem is same. Please suggest me how to achieve this.
>
> Thanks,
> RED
icon14.gif  Re: Unable to print image on Excel output in BIRT 3.7.1 [message #1721666 is a reply to message #764673] Fri, 29 January 2016 04:15 Go to previous message
Praveena Thangavel is currently offline Praveena ThangavelFriend
We can't display image in BIRT report in Excel format by using default excel emitter if you are using Birt Runtime-3.7.1.

Instead , You can use Native Excel Emitter. I have tried.. I successfully export to excel format with the perfect view.

Use the Native Excel Emitter for Excel format, instead of default excel emitter.
You can download plugin from here:
1. Extract the jar using any of any of the archive software(eg. winzip, 7-zip,etc) and keep it separately.
2. After extracting the jar file, copy the 'jar' files in the 'lib' folder into your own project's folder (webapp/web-inf/lib).
3. And also add the original downloaded jar (org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.nativexls.jar) into your project's folder (webapp/web-inf/lib).
4. And add the class path (Right click Project → Configure Build Path → Add Jar → Select the jar files you have added from the lib folder).
Note: For Maven Projects only
If you are using Maven Projects, then you should add the jar files in your maven repository.
In command prompt, type the following commands:
mvn install:install-file -Dfile=c:\kaptcha.jar -DgroupId=com.google.code
-DartifactId=kaptcha -Dversion={version} -Dpackaging=jar
Instead of follow the step 4, follow the below steps:
1. Right click Project → Config Build Path → Add Variable.
2. Select your maven repository variable.
3. Click 'Extend' button.
4. Under select your jar and click 'ok' button.
You should also add the jar files which is extracted from the org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.nativexls.jar (in lib folder)
In java, under the Excel Format option, add the following line also:
ExcelRenderOption option=new ExcelRenderOption();
option.setOption(IRenderOption.EMITTER_ID,"org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.nativexls");
Previous Topic:Integration Of birt reports with asp.net
Next Topic:Report viewer bug(?) with ecore ODA driver
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:25:12 GMT 2024