Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » EGL Development Tools » Tutorial issues or config bugs
Tutorial issues or config bugs [message #763390] Fri, 09 December 2011 17:19 Go to next message
Colin Brown is currently offline Colin BrownFriend
Hi all, Just working through the Payments tutorial and thought I'd share my experiences, and try to get some help.

PC sis Installed with egl standalone in a clean folder and running Windows 7 64bit.

In EDT:Tutorial: RUI With DataBase Lesson 4 I am unable to drag the selectedPayment from the EGL Data view and drop it anywhere on the TitleView. TitleView just won't accept it. I got around it by just using a Box layout and was then able to drop the paymentRec.

Is this a known problem?

In lesson 6, the CTRL+1 (one) does not expand the "add newPayment to ds" statement to show the actual SQL. I just get a No Suggestions window.

Further in the same lesson, when adding the createDefaultTable() function (cut and pasted from th tutorial), I'm getting an error here with "ds" underlined.

try
execute from ds
with #sql{
delete from PAYMENT
};

The error is:

IWN.VAL.8500.e 37/17 SQLService - The expression ds must have a type of eglx.persistence.sql.SQLDataSource. At line 37 in file \PaymentService\EGLSource\services\SQLService.egl.

ds is declared at the top as:
ds dataSource? {@Resource{bindingKey = "uksoi004_GTS"}};

as specified in the tutorial,
but I guess it should SQLDataSource which fixes the error and also fixes the Ctrl+1 problem as well. I hope that helps a few others new to EGL.

Thanks all
Colin
Re: Tutorial issues or config bugs [message #763395 is a reply to message #763390] Fri, 09 December 2011 17:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bob NIcholson is currently offline Bob NIcholsonFriend
I was having the same problems. I just have not reported them yet. What I did to get around it was to key the code into the source manually.

[Updated on: Sat, 10 December 2011 01:25]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Tutorial issues or config bugs [message #763406 is a reply to message #763390] Fri, 09 December 2011 17:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Boisvert is currently offline Eric BoisvertFriend
same here too. ended up solving the Title Pane the same way (by looking how it was done in another container). Once I got it working, I could remove the variable and then the component started working.

As for the database, I get the very same error (trying to connect to Postgresql)
Re: Tutorial issues or config bugs [message #764796 is a reply to message #763390] Mon, 12 December 2011 21:28 Go to previous message
Paul Hoffman is currently offline Paul HoffmanFriend
Colin is correct. The datasource for SQL database access should have been declared as:

ds SQLDataSource? { @Resource { bindingKey="Derby" } } ;  

The tutorial has been updated.
Previous Topic:Migrating EGL CE projects to EDT
Next Topic:Lesson 4 - bug in the start function
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:05:40 GMT 2024