Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Update failed(failing updates in any OSX Eclipse version)
Update failed [message #761257] Tue, 06 December 2011 07:44 Go to next message
Vasek  is currently offline Vasek Friend
Hi all,
I'm encountering strange issue with updates and adding new software sites, always getting these errors:

Unable to connect to repository github.bandlem.com/content.xml
Invalid argument

Unable to connect to repository download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/3.7/content.xml
Invalid argument

Unable to connect to repository download.eclipse.org/releases/indigo/content.xml
Invalid argument

Missing content.xml is also reported for any new software site (eclipse, gepetto, ...). It is not connectivity/proxy issue (different type of connectivity was tested) and older version than Indigo also failing. Actual version is Eclipse SDK 3.7.1. Can anybody help ? I can install new software via local but online shoudl be better.

Thanks a lot,

Vasek
Re: Update failed [message #761322 is a reply to message #761257] Tue, 06 December 2011 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saurav sarkar is currently offline saurav sarkarFriend
Hi Vasek,

Are you behind any firewall.
Maybe you should check your proxy settings.

cheers,
Sairav

Re: Update failed [message #764494 is a reply to message #761322] Mon, 12 December 2011 09:52 Go to previous message
Vasek  is currently offline Vasek Friend
No proxy, no ext. firewall (also tested with disabled internall OSX firewall). I also tried different connectivity and get same result. One strange thing sometimes I see small window with accept/block button on start (like firewall dialogue, with disabled firewall) but it is appeared just for a second and than disappeared.
Previous Topic:Problem on create own lib plugin
Next Topic:SWT Install
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Nov 23 07:48:20 GMT 2014