Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » I need input on serving web content to the local network from a jetty server inside an RCP.(Point me to the info you think I need to read in order to get a jetty server up and running in my RCP without blocking the UI thread.)
I need input on serving web content to the local network from a jetty server inside an RCP. [message #760971] Mon, 05 December 2011 18:20
nodachi is currently offline nodachiFriend
Point me to the info you think I need to read in order to get a jetty server up and running (serving web content to the local network) in my RCP without blocking the UI thread.
I am new to RCP but I have lots of Java experience so to this point it has been easy.
I have got my head around the UI stuff but I am stuck at the point of getting the Jetty server integrated. I can get it to run in the UI thread but obviously that is no good. I see no way to communicate with jobs or to get them to run indefinitely. Have I missed something? I tried spawning a new thread for it but failed to get that working. I have never worked on multi threaded stuff but I see this as my best bet. Am I wrong?

The things I must be able to do are to start the server and kill it from two buttons in the UI. On onset this sounded like a small task but I am not finding the info I need to read.
Point me to the reading material I need to read pleas.

[Updated on: Mon, 05 December 2011 18:33]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:How do you create the 'sunken' look for a selected button?
Next Topic:How to use 'ASTParser' on RCP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 14:45:44 GMT 2024