Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » Server startup FileNotFoundException
Server startup FileNotFoundException [message #760293] Thu, 01 December 2011 19:19 Go to next message
Kevin H is currently offline Kevin HFriend
This just recently started happening after a recent upgrade to using Rational Software Architect V8... When I start the Websphere Server from within RSA at startup I get these exceptions in the SystemOut. But if I just restart the server these errors go away. It happens at first start almost everytime.

These I am trying to direct the eclipselink logging out to .\logs\eclipselink.log in the persistence.xml settings -
<property name="eclipselink.logging.level" value="FINEST"/>
<property name="eclipselink.logging.file" value="./logs/eclipselink.log"/>

Here is the Error from the SystemOut.

Caused by: Exception [EclipseLink-7274] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 2.2.0.v20110202-r8913): org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.ValidationException
Exception Description: An Exception was thrown while trying to create logging file [./logs/eclipselink.log]:[java.io.FileNotFoundException: .\logs\eclipselink.log (The system cannot find the path specified.)].
Internal Exception: java.io.FileNotFoundException: .\logs\eclipselink.log (The system cannot find the path specified.)
at org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.ValidationException.invalidLoggingFile(ValidationException.java:2507)
at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.EntityManagerSetupImpl.updateLoggers(EntityManagerSetupImpl.java:626)
at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.EntityManagerSetupImpl.predeploy(EntityManagerSetupImpl.java:987)
... 84 more
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: .\logs\eclipselink.log (The system cannot find the path specified.)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:190)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:81)
at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.EntityManagerSetupImpl.updateLoggers(EntityManagerSetupImpl.java:618)
... 85 more
Re: Server startup FileNotFoundException [message #761025 is a reply to message #760293] Mon, 05 December 2011 19:36 Go to previous message
James Sutherland is currently offline James SutherlandFriend

Does the ./logs directory exist? Perhaps the directly does not exist when it starts the first time. Try creating it upfront or using a directory that does exist, or just .

James : Wiki : Book : Blog : Twitter
Previous Topic:How to get a list of active CacheCoordination members?
Next Topic:@Version and DescriptorException
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 10:35:48 GMT 2024