Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » !!!FATAL ERROR!!!: No such file or directory??
icon5.gif  !!!FATAL ERROR!!!: No such file or directory?? [message #760160] Thu, 01 December 2011 13:52 Go to next message
Arman  is currently offline Arman Friend
Long story short, Eclipse exploded and I had to reinstall, now I get this whenever I try to include a header file file:

"Fatal error: Filename.h: No such file or directory"

Any ideas? How do I tell eclipse where to look for source and #include files?

[Updated on: Fri, 02 December 2011 01:28]

Report message to a moderator

Re: !!!FATAL ERROR!!!: No such file or directory?? [message #760346 is a reply to message #760160] Fri, 02 December 2011 02:35 Go to previous message
Arman  is currently offline Arman Friend
Ok I finally found out that the problem was my GC++ include directories (I had preivously been looking under C/C++ General -> Paths and Symbols, which wasn't helping).

To fix it I went to Project -> Properties -> C/C++ Build -> Settings, then under "Cross G++ Compiler" I clicked on "Includes" and manually added all the directories. If someone knows of a command to include all directories and subdirectories of the project, or just to get it to include all project files in the first place (that would be ideal), please let me know.
Previous Topic:file not recognized: File format not recognized
Next Topic:Returning structure reference in a C function
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:23:23 GMT 2024