Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » Compiler classpath is not being picked up in IvyIDE project
Compiler classpath is not being picked up in IvyIDE project [message #759867] Wed, 30 November 2011 12:02 Go to next message
dkane  is currently offline dkane Friend
Hello
I am using IvyIDE plugin with Eclipse.
Eclipse itself successfully picks up Ivy-dependent libraries, no compiler errors appears in project view. But WindowBuilder PRO refuses to build the design, complaining to unresolved imports.

In particular, if fails on Apache Commons logging:

Internal Error
WindowBuilder encountered unexpected internal error. 

This could be caused by a WindowBuilder bug or by a misconfiguration issue, conflict, partial update, etc.

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/logging/Log

Stack trace:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.commons.logging.Log
	at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.utils.reflect.ProjectClassLoader.findClass(ProjectClassLoader.java:382)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:423)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:356)

Omitting all such imports and calls with "hide" tags would be pretty boring work.
Any other way ? Thank you.

[Updated on: Wed, 30 November 2011 12:03]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Compiler classpath is not being picked up in IvyIDE project [message #761102 is a reply to message #759867] Mon, 05 December 2011 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
See Bugzilla Case 365134.

WB gets the classpath from the JDT, so I assume that IVY is doing something unusual.

We don't know anything about IVY, so don't have any suggestions. Someone who uses IVY could load up the WB source and trace through the classpath code.
Re: Compiler classpath is not being picked up in IvyIDE project [message #780645 is a reply to message #759867] Wed, 18 January 2012 21:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Justin Beck is currently offline Justin BeckFriend
I am also having this issue. I happen to have the project of the dependency it can't find and if I link to the source, all works fine. It just can't seem to find the jar (managed by Ivy/IvyDE).
Re: Compiler classpath is not being picked up in IvyIDE project [message #780695 is a reply to message #780645] Thu, 19 January 2012 05:29 Go to previous message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
The WB committer team has no plans to support Ivy, but we would be happy to review any user-submitted patches that add support for this.
Previous Topic:Custom Layout
Next Topic:resizing problems
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:11:15 GMT 2024