Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Riena » Error when setting up target platform
Error when setting up target platform [message #759014] Fri, 25 November 2011 15:15 Go to next message
Julian Steiner is currently offline Julian SteinerFriend
Hello,

I did a quick search and hope this hasn't been asked before:

My platform: Current Indigo 3.7 RCP & RAP (fresh download & installation) on Windows XP
I followed the Getting Started guide on the wiki step by step:

Adding the Equinox and RCP targets is no problem at all. However, when I add the Riena Target Components the whole target content definition goes sour.

The error message given is: "Error reading manifest for C:\workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.pde.core\.bundle_pool\plugins\org.eclipse.riena.objecttransaction.source_3.0.0.v20110614_3_0_0_0.jar" (see attached screenshot)

I've checked the jar file with an external archiver and indeed it appears to be corrupted. Could you check whether the jar on the server is in fact broken? Or am I doing something wrong? Should I just download the zip for Windows users? If the latter is recommended, I suggest to change the wording to indicate, that it is required to do so, rather than optional.

Cheers
Julian

Re: Error when setting up target platform [message #759187 is a reply to message #759014] Sun, 27 November 2011 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Campo is currently offline Christian CampoFriend
Can you please open a bugzilla bug ?

Christian
Re: Error when setting up target platform [message #759274 is a reply to message #759014] Mon, 28 November 2011 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sabine Achilles is currently offline Sabine AchillesFriend
Hello Julian,

I have tried setting up my workspace just the way it is explained in the wiki and had no problem with it.
Could it be that the file was corrupted while downloading?
Please try the steps again and tell us if it works.

Greetings
Sabine
Re: Error when setting up target platform [message #759311 is a reply to message #759274] Mon, 28 November 2011 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Julian Steiner is currently offline Julian SteinerFriend
Sabine,

thank you for double checking. I tried again today and it seems that it was a corrupted download. It's a bit strange as I tried it several times on Friday. I suppose the file was corrupted in our proxy cache then and I kept redownloading from there...

Apologies for the hassle. No need for a Bugzilla report Smile

Cheers
Julian
Re: Error when setting up target platform [message #759454 is a reply to message #759311] Mon, 28 November 2011 17:46 Go to previous message
Sabine Achilles is currently offline Sabine AchillesFriend
Great to hear it all worked out fine. Have fun with Riena Smile

Greetings
Sabine
Previous Topic:Is SWT.SEARCH style applicatable in Riena?
Next Topic:Riena on Git
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 02:12:20 GMT 2024