|Switching branches leaves folders that should be gone! [message #758598]
||Wed, 23 November 2011 20:13
| Cameron Missing name
Registered: November 2011
I am new to git so I may be missing some critical detail or step that I should perform.|
1. Be in the local master branch but also have a local branch "test" created off master
2. In my eclipse I have one repository under git control
3. Create a new folder (project/portlet/whatever) in the project and put some files in it
4. Immediatly add+commit your changes
5. You can see the icon by your folder is the source control icon
6. Switch to test
7. See in eclipse that your folder is still there except has a ? on the icon (in master it has the source control icon)
-- Already broken at this point, shouldn't it be gone? --
8. Now you have a rogue folder (with its contents) in your test branch that shouldn't be there. It will be there forever unless you delete it manually or merge from master.
-- Now for the reverse --
9. Now create a new folder/project/portlet in your test branch with some files
10. Immediatly add+commit it
11. Switch back to the master branch
12. Now you have the rogue folder from your test branch in master. It has the ? icon by it.
I am about to install msysgit and tortoisegit and see if they behave the same way. I am on Eclispe Indigo, which includes EGit with it.
[Updated on: Wed, 23 November 2011 21:01]
Report message to a moderator
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.02118 seconds