|Customizing dynamic help view [message #758591]
||Wed, 23 November 2011 19:38
| Miles Parker
Registered: July 2009
Here's what I'd like to be able to do:
Display help view in a separate shell. Ideally I'll get rid of the title bar as well. Essentially, I'm trying to mimic OS X help system as much as possible.
I think the best route for my needs would be to be able to do something like the below, but I'm happy with whatever works.
1. Open a custom shell programmatically. (So that I can customize it the way I want.)
2. Use all of the rest of the view system which otherwise works perfectly.
Here's what I've tried:
1. Looked for some way to set a different view id to be used by help system.
2. Fiddling around with all of the help extension points to see if there is a way to replace part of help system without re-writing a bunch of code.
3. Programmatically detach the help view.
The last was the most promising (not to mention by far the simplest!) but unfortunately there is a bug in OS X support which fails to enable the detached window "close" button. Plus no way to get rid of the view title bar. So it looks pretty lame.
This is all complicated by the fact that on OS X Help is always opened in external browser -- which I definitely don't want -- so the only entry point I can use is through dynamic help.
I'd appreciate any ideas..perhaps I'm missing something obvious here.
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.01923 seconds