Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » How embebe xtext (only editor) in a eclipse minimal RCP !
How embebe xtext (only editor) in a eclipse minimal RCP ! [message #758274] Tue, 22 November 2011 14:21 Go to next message
Federico Sellanes is currently offline Federico SellanesFriend
This, i needing to embebe the xtext editor of my dsl (only the editor), in my eclipse "hello rcp".

I learn from this guide http://kthoms.wordpress.com/2010/11/12/setting-up-a-rcp-product-for-a-dsl/ how embebe xtext editor in a full eclipse ide, but i dont want anything more that the xtext editor, project explorer and one menu.

Thanks, in advance.

Sorry for my unintelligible english

[Updated on: Tue, 22 November 2011 14:22]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How embebe xtext (only editor) in a eclipse minimal RCP ! [message #758325 is a reply to message #758274] Tue, 22 November 2011 18:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Webster is currently offline Paul WebsterFriend

Follow the steps outlined there, but start from the RCP Mail App (which you can generate from New>Plug-in Project wizard) and use that as your application/product. Then you can define the initial perspective to show what you want.

PW

Re: How embebe xtext (only editor) in a eclipse minimal RCP ! [message #758589 is a reply to message #758325] Wed, 23 November 2011 19:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi, this is just what i looking for.

I was writing a long and detailed post but i accidentally deleted him.

Now i having a exception

java.lang.RuntimeException : No application id has been found when i try to start the product for my new product with RCP Mail Template

I dont know if i have to change something more ?

Thanks, in advance, this is really helping me.
Re: How embebe xtext (only editor) in a eclipse minimal RCP ! [message #758595 is a reply to message #758274] Wed, 23 November 2011 19:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When i try to validate the plug-in, eclipse tells me that is missing

Well, is working now but i have to add required plugins every time i want to run the product.

Anyway, there is no diference using this product or the other product (old product) that i have. Cause the all the perspectives (java,debug..) are still in the ui, and compile button and all the menus.

Is possible to only have :

* Principal menu bar
* Package explorer
* Xtext Editor

??

without all the others things of eclipse like buttons, ... !!

Thanks, in advance.

[Updated on: Wed, 23 November 2011 20:56]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How embebe xtext (only editor) in a eclipse minimal RCP ! [message #758802 is a reply to message #758595] Thu, 24 November 2011 15:39 Go to previous message
Paul Webster is currently offline Paul WebsterFriend

If you use the RCP mail app, it only comes with on perspective and doesn't show the perspective bar. Other perspectives that get added shouldn't show up.

To use XText you would need to take the RCP mail app product (create a product in that plugin using the RCP mail app application) and add the runtime bundles needed for XText (probably EMF as well), and probably org.eclipse.ui.ide.

But your RCP mail app WorkbenchAdvisor (and other advisors) control the configuration of your menus, trim, toolbars, etc.

So if you start with RCP mail app, create an RCP mail app product, and then add the plugins needed for XText to it you can then modify the RCP mail app perspective and open an XText editor.

If you run into problems, please describe exactly what you did and how far you got.

PW

Previous Topic:How to get Package Explorer window in RCP Application
Next Topic:How to enable File-> Save As... option
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 16:02:53 GMT 2024