Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » IncompatibleClassChangeError when running in JBOSS
IncompatibleClassChangeError when running in JBOSS [message #758143] Tue, 22 November 2011 05:17 Go to next message
Melvin Mah is currently offline Melvin MahFriend
Hi,

I am getting a IncompatibleClassChangeError when I try to render a report after porting the content over from WebLogic 10 to JBOSS 4.22

I am aware that the topic is similar in title to another one http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/657930/?srch=Expecting+non-static+method+org.eclipse.birt.report.model.metadata.MetaDataDictionary#msg_657930 but it's a little different as I didn't upgrade the engine. It's still using version 2.5.2

A few things to point out:

1. Since JBOSS doesn't take directories as servlet like Weblogic do, I had to build a war file containing code, libraries and plugins. The resource directories have been separated out into another folder outside. (for easy report file management, replacement etc..)

2. For JBOSS, I have substituted the argument used for the openDesign method in WebReport.java. Originally, for WebLogic, I am able to use sc.getRealPath with ease, instead now I would use like:

birtReportEngine.openReportDesign(birtReportEngine.getResourcePath()+File.separator+reportName)

One of the solutions that was mentioned previously was to set the BIRT_HOME variable. Unfortunately this doesn't work. And right now, I am little stuck.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Melvin
Re: IncompatibleClassChangeError when running in JBOSS [message #758315 is a reply to message #758143] Tue, 22 November 2011 17:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

Melvin

Are both machines using the same jvm version? BTW I think JBoss can use
a directory structure if you name the directory with a .war for example
BirtViewer.war.

Jason

On 11/22/2011 12:17 AM, Melvin Mah wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am getting a IncompatibleClassChangeError when I try to render a
> report after porting the content over from WebLogic 10 to JBOSS 4.22
>
> I am aware that the topic is similar in title to another one
> http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/657930/?srch=Expecting+non-static+method+org.eclipse.birt.report.model.metadata.MetaDataDictionary#msg_657930
> but it's a little different as I didn't upgrade the engine. It's still
> using version 2.5.2
>
> A few things to point out:
>
> 1. Since JBOSS doesn't take directories as servlet like Weblogic do, I
> had to build a war file containing code, libraries and plugins. The
> resource directories have been separated out into another folder
> outside. (for easy report file management, replacement etc..)
>
> 2. For JBOSS, I have substituted the argument used for the openDesign
> method in WebReport.java. Originally, for WebLogic, I am able to use
> sc.getRealPath with ease, instead now I would use like:
> birtReportEngine.openReportDesign(birtReportEngine.getResourcePath()+File.separator+reportName)
>
>
> One of the solutions that was mentioned previously was to set the
> BIRT_HOME variable. Unfortunately this doesn't work. And right now, I am
> little stuck.
>
> Any ideas? Thanks.
>
> Melvin
Re: IncompatibleClassChangeError when running in JBOSS [message #758399 is a reply to message #758315] Wed, 23 November 2011 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Jason,

Thanks very much for the reply:

1. I might try out your suggestion to rename the directory and deploy it. But we all know that the .war files are usually deployed in the "deploy" sub directory. It's still not as flexible as in Weblogic where you can browse to any directory where a war file / servlet directory is placed and selecting before deploying.

2. The problem I encountered after experimentation was actually due to the mismatch version of the plugin directories / jars (those in plugin folders, not libs). I built the war file with an older version (version 2.50, June 2009 release) whereas I have forgotten that the runtime engine in Weblogic was upgraded to 2.5.2 late last year. At first I thought there was an error in the argument that I passed for openReportDesign method.

Melvin
Re: IncompatibleClassChangeError when running in JBOSS [message #758532 is a reply to message #758399] Wed, 23 November 2011 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

Melvin,

So it is working now?

Jason
Re: IncompatibleClassChangeError when running in JBOSS [message #758534 is a reply to message #758532] Wed, 23 November 2011 15:29 Go to previous message
Jason,

Yes. It's working now.

I might want to test out the 3.7 runtime later.

Melvin
Previous Topic:BIRT header and footer
Next Topic:How to display how much resources BiRT is using to generate a report?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:56:03 GMT 2024