Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » create release upon debug config
create release upon debug config [message #757566] Sat, 19 November 2011 11:08 Go to next message
Michael  is currently offline Michael Friend
Hi
could I create a release configuration based on the debug?
Thanks
Re: create release upon debug config [message #757568 is a reply to message #757566] Sat, 19 November 2011 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrew Gvozdev is currently offline Andrew GvozdevFriend
If you want to create build configuration based on another, right click on the project to get its context menu -> Build Configurations -> Manage -> New. There are several options - you can create new configuration copying settings from another configuration of the same project or another project or any configuration defined in CDT in your installation.

Andrew
Re: create release upon debug config [message #757654 is a reply to message #757568] Mon, 21 November 2011 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael  is currently offline Michael Friend
Thanks, so i create a release config with copying debug settings. Now how to best turn off debugging symbols or generally what do I need to change after copying the debug config for the release configuration?
Many thanks again
Michael
Re: create release upon debug config [message #856042 is a reply to message #757654] Wed, 25 April 2012 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Mising name is currently offline Michael Mising nameFriend
So what to change for release? How to turn off debug symbols etc.? Is all I have to do is?
strip <artifact name>.exe
alike on this site: http://wiki.wxwidgets.org/Eclipse,_CDT_%26_MingW_%26_MSYS_Setup_Guide#Changing_the_Build_Configuration
Re: create release upon debug config [message #856282 is a reply to message #856042] Wed, 25 April 2012 14:25 Go to previous message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
Michael Mising name wrote on Wed, 25 April 2012 12:08
So what to change for release? How to turn off debug symbols etc.? Is all I have to do is?
strip <artifact name>.exe
alike on this site: http://wiki.wxwidgets.org/Eclipse,_CDT_%26_MingW_%26_MSYS_Setup_Guide#Changing_the_Build_Configuration

In Project Properties->C/C++ Build->Settings you should enable optimization and deactivate debug symbols.

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Previous Topic:unclear messages in "problems-view"
Next Topic:Eclipse won't find libpqxx types in windows
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 21:20:00 GMT 2024