Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » new installation - problems with the editor(no inlcude is reconized)
new installation - problems with the editor [message #757559] Sat, 19 November 2011 03:39 Go to next message
nath  is currently offline nath Friend
Hi,

I have installed CDT on windows and MinGW in the default directory and set my path variable.
I tried to make a new Hello World project but I got some troubles. I can compile and run the project without any problem. However the editor doesn't understand the code. I have an error with the include : "Unresolved inclusion : <iostream>" (I didn"t change a single line of code). Therefore I have errors at the other lines such as "Symbol 'std' could not be resolved" at the line "using namespace std;"

I think Eclipse is a very good IDE and I would like to be able to use it correctly. Does anyone know how I can fix this problem?

Thank you for your help.
Re: new installation - problems with the editor [message #758601 is a reply to message #757559] Wed, 23 November 2011 20:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
This appears to be an Indexer problem. Right click on the project, move to Indexer and select Rebuild index. You can also use the option Search for unresolved includes to look for include files that need to be added to the Include path.
Re: new installation - problems with the editor [message #758698 is a reply to message #758601] Thu, 24 November 2011 09:51 Go to previous message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
It looks like the scanner discovery is not working. Open Project Properties->C/C++ Build->Discovery Options.
- "Automate discovery of paths" should be enabled
- Is the compiler command correct (i.e. in your $PATH and correctly spelled)?
- Do you probably encounter the problem described here http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/756851/#msg_756851 ?

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Previous Topic: Cannot build: all build commands fail without error, do nothing.
Next Topic:how to recognize command line running?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 10:17:57 GMT 2024