Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » Custom Editor(SWT Designer custom editor 3.5 porting issues )
Custom Editor [message #757370] Thu, 17 November 2011 22:21 Go to next message
Missing name Mising name is currently offline Missing name Mising name
Hi,

We bought SWT Designer few years ago and lot of our custom editor are using swt designer way to design. but now, one of our custom editor not working any more and we
are stuck in the middle. And the only way to get the latest custom editor example are dig thru Window Builder, this is.... a bit wasting our times..... is there anyway that
we can get the support ? or Howbout make Window Builder 3.5 back to business again for Eclipse 3.7 ? Please give us some examples on new custom editor guide or make the old one available again. Where is Instantiation that helpful goes ?

Please help. Sad

Best Regards,
Ivan

Re: Custom Editor [message #757372 is a reply to message #757370] Thu, 17 November 2011 22:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric Clayberg
I'm sorry, but I'm not really sure what you are talking about. WindowBuilder is now open source, so all of its custom editors are available if you want to look at them or copy them.

What do you mean by "WindowBuilder 3.5"? We never released a version of WB with that version number.
Re: Custom Editor [message #757373 is a reply to message #757372] Thu, 17 November 2011 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Missing name Mising name is currently offline Missing name Mising name
Hi,

Good to see your reply Smile

Sorry, I mean SWT Designer for Eclipse 3.5

Means we need to dig into Window Builder source code ? No samples ? Last time we used SWT Designer and we love the support.

Thanks again Smile

Ivan
Re: Custom Editor [message #757530 is a reply to message #757373] Fri, 18 November 2011 14:11 Go to previous message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric Clayberg
The current version of SWT Designer works with Eclipse 3.5 and higher. Maybe you are referring to the old 6.9 version of SWT Designer that was released ~3 years ago and deprecated ~2.5 years ago when v7.0 was released.

WindowBuilder is now open source, so, yes, I would expect you to look at the source. Given what I think you want to do (create a custom SWT property editor), there are lots of "samples" available right in the source itself. Looking at the existing property editors is quite easy, and will show you the full range of what is available to you.

The "last time" you used SWT Designer, I am guessing that it was a commercial product with paid, commercial support. It is now an open source project which still has very good, free support. We are happy to point you in the right direction, and I happen to believe that looking at the source is absolutely the best course of action for you.
Previous Topic:Does WB support customized control tree?
Next Topic:Does Window Builder Eclipse plugin support JavaME and AWT?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Aug 20 08:58:58 EDT 2014