Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Slow save of smarty template files
Slow save of smarty template files [message #756747] Mon, 14 November 2011 16:56 Go to next message
truckeetrout is currently offline truckeetrout
Messages: 3
Registered: November 2011
Junior Member
[Note: this is a cross-post of a similar message at the smarty forum that rules prevent me from linking here.]

After a hiatus of a couple of years I'm back trying to build a project that includes Smarty templates. I've found that saving *.tpl (template) files take 5 seconds or more. No other resource takes a noticeable amount of time to save. The save time is a function of the smarty plug-in - with it uninstalled template file save times are as expected. The increased save time is occasionally accompanied by a notice that workspace is being built. The save time is not dependent on whether build automatically is checked.

I've looked at the build path, but it could not be simpler and contains very few files. I've also done a Project, Clean...

The behavior occurs with Helios, Helios SR2, and Indigo.

Any clues on how to get normal save times with template files?

Many thanks.

George
Re: Slow save of smarty template files [message #757911 is a reply to message #756747] Wed, 16 November 2011 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dominik is currently offline dominik
Messages: 122
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
On 2011-11-14 22:56, truckeetrout wrote:
> [Note: this is a cross-post of a similar message at the smarty forum that rules
> prevent me from linking here.]
>
> After a hiatus of a couple of years I'm back trying to build a project that
> includes Smarty templates. I've found that saving *.tpl (template) files take 5
> seconds or more. No other resource takes a noticeable amount of time to save.
> The save time is a function of the smarty plug-in - with it uninstalled template
> file save times are as expected. The increased save time is occasionally
> accompanied by a notice that workspace is being built. The save time is not
> dependent on whether build automatically is checked.
>
> I've looked at the build path, but it could not be simpler and contains very few
> files. I've also done a Project, Clean...
>
> The behavior occurs with Helios, Helios SR2, and Indigo.
>
> Any clues on how to get normal save times with template files?

Check out builders in project preferences and try to excelude some of them, You
will know which one is causing this lag. Then check out file extensions and what
is connected to tpl files. Also try to open file as text file (in Eclipse) - is
there a lag?

/dmc
Re: Slow save of smarty template files [message #758055 is a reply to message #757911] Mon, 21 November 2011 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
truckeetrout is currently offline truckeetrout
Messages: 3
Registered: November 2011
Junior Member
dominik:

Thanks for your suggestions. The only builders on the project(s) are Validation & Script Builder. Shutting off either one has no effect. I did not try shutting off both.

The *.tpl files (Smarty templates) open without any lag in a text editor. Also, only with the text editor do the *.tpl files close without delay. With both PHP editor & Smarty editor (I imagine they're the same thing) the files take 5 - 10 seconds to save.

g
Re: Slow save of smarty template files [message #758482 is a reply to message #758055] Wed, 23 November 2011 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dominik is currently offline dominik
Messages: 122
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
On 2011-11-21 21:14, truckeetrout wrote:
> dominik:
>
> Thanks for your suggestions. The only builders on the project(s) are Validation
> & Script Builder. Shutting off either one has no effect. I did not try
> shutting off both.
>
> The *.tpl files (Smarty templates) open without any lag in a text editor. Also,
> only with the text editor do the *.tpl files close without delay. With both PHP
> editor & Smarty editor (I imagine they're the same thing) the files take 5 - 10
> seconds to save.

Ok, so please take a look at both error logs tab and progress tab, You should
get something there that cause delay, probably some timeout on some action. If
You got something there then try to search bugzilla for similar problem, usually
someone already reported that. Hope that helps! :)

/dmc
Re: Slow save of smarty template files [message #758622 is a reply to message #758482] Wed, 23 November 2011 17:57 Go to previous message
truckeetrout is currently offline truckeetrout
Messages: 3
Registered: November 2011
Junior Member
Quote:
Ok, so please take a look at both error logs tab and progress tab...


I've looked enough to see that these are not available to me in my current environment. And it looks like making them available will take me off on a tangent that is out of my skill set. For what I need to do I find I can make progress more quickly using NetBeans. But I'll keep checking back.

Thanks again for your time.

George
Previous Topic:Debugging PHP files in Eclipse Indigo using XDebug
Next Topic:Eclipse for PHP Developers Helios Service Release 2 Now Available
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Wed Aug 27 13:17:05 EDT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.09827 seconds