Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » How to enable my RCP application to use Automatic updates?
How to enable my RCP application to use Automatic updates? [message #756217] Fri, 11 November 2011 14:26
Nicolas  is currently offline Nicolas Friend
Hi, I'm updating an apllication that was created by another guy, using eclipse 3.5.
They activated the automatica update using a "Feature project" and "update site project".

I read over there that for version 3.7 this is outdated.

So I want to use p2 strategy.

the thing is :
My base project is "plugin based"
I created a Feature Project, and add my base project in "plugins" tab , not in "Included Features" tab

The question is:
1) The applicaction is allready installed on the client, I think I should re-install with the last version ( when I activate Automatic updates with p2)
2) How to activate P2 ?
I folow one tutorial from Lars Voeguel, but when the update is downloaded it has a problem when trying to erase some temporary files ! (I tested on Windows XP only, I will test on Vista in a while)
3) What version should I change to notice, or inform, automatic update that a new version is available ? the one in the base project ? or the one in the Feature project ?

Best regards
Nicolas

[Updated on: Tue, 15 November 2011 17:26]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Preferences persistent across installations
Next Topic:Embedding video within Eclipse RCP html-based help.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:43:24 GMT 2024