Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Validation and other Stuff
Validation and other Stuff [message #755584] Tue, 08 November 2011 21:08 Go to next message
Willi  is currently offline Willi Friend
Hello,

i'm Willi and i working a few days with emf. I tried some tutorials and facing certain problems.

1. When i add a audit rule and let them run in batch mode. how can i execute them?

2. When i run a audit rule e.g. name required in live mode. The rule is only executed when i click in the name property not when i create a object where label point to the name property. Can i change this?

Where can i find information about this thoughts:

1. Is it possible to work with diffrent models in the same diagram?

2. Is it possible to load a list from object propertys from other created objects. For exaple when i create 5 Objects from typ A can i load the name of those object as dropdown selection of a property of Object from Typ B like a enum.

Any idea, hint or explanation is very helpful.

I hope you can read my english...

thanks
Willi
Re: Validation and other Stuff [message #755722 is a reply to message #755584] Wed, 09 November 2011 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The first two questions are solved. Has any body a hint or buzzword to the other 2 questions?

regards,
Willi
Re: Validation and other Stuff [message #755736 is a reply to message #755584] Wed, 09 November 2011 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g mouch is currently offline g mouchFriend
Willi wrote on Tue, 08 November 2011 23:08

2. Is it possible to load a list from object propertys from other created objects. For exaple when i create 5 Objects from typ A can i load the name of those object as dropdown selection of a property of Object from Typ B like a enum.

I think you can.

First find out how to create a custom property editor. You can also find instructions in this forum. To create a dropdown selection use the ExtendedComboBoxCellEditor.

I am a little busy now, I you get stuck on the way maybe later I can be more helpful.
Re: Validation and other Stuff [message #755963 is a reply to message #755736] Thu, 10 November 2011 10:43 Go to previous message
Thank you for your help Smile
I will have a look on those things.

regards willi
Previous Topic: Selecting Node name from the list instead entering in GMF Editor
Next Topic:how to change the transition arrow?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:42:36 GMT 2024