Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » [Eugenia] Call operations from Formatting.eol
[Eugenia] Call operations from Formatting.eol [message #754998] Sun, 06 November 2011 09:45 Go to next message
aoyou2002 is currently offline aoyou2002
Hello,

First, I would like to congratulate you for Eugenia. It's such a great tool to customize its GMF editor, especially when one doesn't have so much time to dig deeper into GMF.

To create rhombs, arrows and other figures, I have found useful operations in Formatting.eol from Eugenia sources but I didn't find a way to call them.

Is there a way to call Eugenia operations ? For the moment, I'm copying the operations which I'm interested in.

Thanks,

aoyou
Re: [Eugenia] Call operations from Formatting.eol [message #756220 is a reply to message #754998] Fri, 11 November 2011 09:41 Go to previous message
Antonio Garcia-Dominguez is currently offline Antonio Garcia-Dominguez
aoyou2002 wrote on Sun, 06 November 2011 09:45

To create rhombs, arrows and other figures, I have found useful operations in Formatting.eol from Eugenia sources but I didn't find a way to call them.

Which ones? We recently added support for using SVG figures and polygons to the latest interim versions: see this page for details (figure="polygon" or figure="svg" in @gmf.node, for instance). Are you using those?

aoyou2002 wrote on Sun, 06 November 2011 09:45

Is there a way to call Eugenia operations ? For the moment, I'm copying the operations which I'm interested in.

We recommend using polishing transformations instead of directly calling operations in the EuGENia transformations, as these might change from one version to the next. Here is an example of how to use them.

Still, if you really want to use them, you should be able to import the EuGENia .eol script like this:

import "platform:/plugin/org.eclipse.epsilon.eugenia/Formatting.eol";

I just wrote this off the top of my head, so it might not work as it is. It's been a while since I last had to do something like this. Again, this will couple your EOL code to the version of EuGENia you use: we might change the operation you're using at any moment, breaking your code Sad.

For these reasons, I'd suggest that you used the new annotations added in the last interim version (relevant bug). If these do not work for you, then you should try using polishing transformations, copying the bits of EOL code that you need.

[Updated on: Fri, 11 November 2011 09:42]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:EVL and Payprus
Next Topic:GMF editor doesn't draw nodes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 17 23:49:44 EDT 2014