Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » GMF Notation version compatibility between 1.0.1 and 1.0.2(GMF Notation version compatibility between 1.0.1 and 1.0.2)
GMF Notation version compatibility between 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 [message #754974] Sun, 06 November 2011 09:03
Hayden Marchant is currently offline Hayden MarchantFriend
We are successfully using GMF for creating diagrams that represent our semantic model. Currently, due to product integration requirements, we have versions of our product that run on both Eclipse 3.4.2 and Eclipse 3.6.

Problems arise when we need to provide interchange for instances of our models that users create between these versions. For example, user saves a diagram in version based on Eclipse 3.6, and then sends to 'friend' who, for integration reasons, has the version based on Eclipse 3.4.2. I am seeing that the gmf part of the resources contain new model constructs that are only supported in the Eclipse 3.6 version of GMF.

I see that the GMF Model from Eclipse 3.4.2 is Notation 1.0.1, and for Eclipse 3.6 it is Notation 1.0.2. In 1.0.2 there are some more classes that are used in the modeling.

What are my options for still keeping my 'single code base' paradigm but still deliver them on different Eclipse versions, together with option for interchange of models.

Is there anything that can save me?

Thanks,
Hayden Marchant
Previous Topic:GMF editors for .gmfgen, .gmfmap, .gmftool and gmfgraph
Next Topic:Mapping troubles
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:15:25 GMT 2024