Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Unable to see JSP variable contents in Eclipse Helios(Is JSP debug supported under Weblogic 8.1?)
Unable to see JSP variable contents in Eclipse Helios [message #754120] Mon, 31 October 2011 22:38 Go to next message
lpeel is currently offline lpeelFriend
My client has a legacy JSP application using Java 1.4 and Weblogic 8.1. I have set up a local Weblogic server and am running a debugger under Eclipse Helios (3.6).
The source code path is pointed at both the workspace source code and the compiled JSPs under Weblogic directory .wlnotdelete. I've set the weblogic.xml to debug
<weblogic-web-app>
<jsp-descriptor>
<jsp-param>
<param-name>debug</param-name>
<param-value>true</param-value>
</jsp-param>
</jsp-descriptor>
</weblogic-web-app>

The debugger stops at the JSP breakpoints but I cannot see the value of any local method variables! However I can see the request and response variables just fine. The local variables do not even appear in the list and selecting Display option gives message "The current execution context is not associated with a project in the Java workspace". This happens regardless of whether I start the server remotely or within the Eclipse IDE. Another message that appears when I first start the server is that "Weblogic 8.1 does not support JSR 45, Debugging". Upgrading Java or Weblogic versions is not an option at this time.

I have already reviewed the links below:
www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/558180/?srch=weblogic+8#msg_558180

help.eclipse.org/helios/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.jdt.doc.user/concepts/cremdbug.htm

download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E13226_01/workshop/docs92/studio33/IDEUserGuide/WebLogicServer.html

devnet.jetbrains.net/thread/73404
Re: Unable to see JSP variable contents in Eclipse Helios [message #754143 is a reply to message #754120] Tue, 01 November 2011 03:23 Go to previous message
Deepak Azad is currently offline Deepak AzadFriend
Copying to webtools forum.
Previous Topic:Unbelievable problem with MySql connection
Next Topic:Eclipse editor autoscroll inconvenience
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:43:32 GMT 2024