Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » MoDisco » Feature request:: Listener to InventoryModel creation
Feature request:: Listener to InventoryModel creation [message #753492] Thu, 27 October 2011 13:29 Go to next message
chwchw is currently offline chwchwFriend
Unfortunately, I only find a bug tracker, but no platform to post feature requests. Thus, I post my request here.
I create a C# to KDM transformation. I am going to support the code and action package. For this purpose, I use MoDisco's KDMSourceDiscoverer to produce the InventoryModel of the underlying filesystem. However, There is no possibility to, e.g., count a specific type of read files, say SourceFiles. Furthermore, I cannot display the progress while construction the InventoryModel, because I, again, have no access on the single read files/folders.
I propose two listener, one before the next file/folder is read and one after it is read. Since you already check whether the given file is a file or a folder, you could provide these two listeners for a read file as well as for a read directory.
Within these listeners, you can do whatever you want with it, e.g., display the current progress.

Please let me know whether you could implement and release this extension to the "inventory model parser" in the next month.

Regards,
Christian
Re: Feature request:: Listener to InventoryModel creation [message #753525 is a reply to message #753492] Thu, 27 October 2011 15:09 Go to previous message
Hugo Bruneliere is currently offline Hugo BruneliereFriend
Hello Christian,

Thanks a lot for your interest in MoDisco.
We are of course also very interested in your feedback and feature requests on the current version of the framework.
They have to be submitted via the project Bugzilla: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=MDT.MoDisco&component=Main&bug_severity=enhancement.
As examples, you can take a look to bugs #351531, #353314 and #356608 which correspond to recently submitted feature requests.

Best regards,

Hugo

--------------------------------------------------------
Hugo Bruneliere, PhD
NaoMod team (IMT Atlantique & LS2N-CNRS)
Nantes - France
--------------------------------------------------------
Previous Topic:VB6 Reverse Engineering
Next Topic:Modisco parsing output
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 19:30:21 GMT 2024