Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Test and Performance Tools Platform (TPTP) » accessing a CBE repository from LTA
accessing a CBE repository from LTA [message #83640] Fri, 15 September 2006 09:21 Go to next message
No real name is currently offline No real name
Messages: 121
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi,
I am new to LTA/GLA and would like to perform analysis of CBEs in the
LTA. But these CBEs do not need to be derived from imported logs using
with GLAs. Rather, these CBEs already exist in a relational database.

I suspect I need to add a new log type by means of a plugin. I would
develop a static adapter which accesses the DB with JDBC and passes the
CBE through and then deploy this as a plugin.

Is this the way you pro's would do it as well?

Thanks,
chris
Re: accessing a CBE repository from LTA [message #83703 is a reply to message #83640] Sun, 17 September 2006 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No real name is currently offline No real name
Messages: 404
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Your approach makes sense to me. If you download TPTP-SDK you can use the
Log Parser example to get started (use File > New > Example > Logging > Log
Parser Extension Sample).


"Chris Giblin" <cgi@zurich.ibm.com> wrote in message
news:eee9cc$tn7$1@utils.eclipse.org...
> Hi,
> I am new to LTA/GLA and would like to perform analysis of CBEs in the LTA.
> But these CBEs do not need to be derived from imported logs using with
> GLAs. Rather, these CBEs already exist in a relational database.
>
> I suspect I need to add a new log type by means of a plugin. I would
> develop a static adapter which accesses the DB with JDBC and passes the
> CBE through and then deploy this as a plugin.
>
> Is this the way you pro's would do it as well?
>
> Thanks,
> chris
Re: accessing a CBE repository from LTA [message #84183 is a reply to message #83703] Mon, 25 September 2006 17:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No real name is currently offline No real name
Messages: 121
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Ali,
Thanks for the hint. This was good to get started with.

I want to read CBEs from a database. It seems the framework always wants
a file to read. I wonder which class needs to be overriden to bypass the
requirement to read a log file. Seems there should be a "LogDataSource"
abstraction so data can be read from anywhere, not only from a file.
I'll keep looking for the right hook.

thanks, chris

Ali Mehregani wrote:
> Your approach makes sense to me. If you download TPTP-SDK you can use the
> Log Parser example to get started (use File > New > Example > Logging > Log
> Parser Extension Sample).
>
>
> "Chris Giblin" <cgi@zurich.ibm.com> wrote in message
> news:eee9cc$tn7$1@utils.eclipse.org...
>> Hi,
>> I am new to LTA/GLA and would like to perform analysis of CBEs in the LTA.
>> But these CBEs do not need to be derived from imported logs using with
>> GLAs. Rather, these CBEs already exist in a relational database.
>>
>> I suspect I need to add a new log type by means of a plugin. I would
>> develop a static adapter which accesses the DB with JDBC and passes the
>> CBE through and then deploy this as a plugin.
>>
>> Is this the way you pro's would do it as well?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> chris
>
>
Re: accessing a CBE repository from LTA [message #84289 is a reply to message #84183] Tue, 26 September 2006 11:46 Go to previous message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: cindyjin.ca.ibm.com

Hi Chris:

You can implement your own sensor to read from a database. Your sensor
can extend org.eclipse.hyades.logging.adapter.impl.Sensor, or other
existing Sensors. You need to overwrite the update() to set
configuration and getNext() to read logs from the database.

Thanks
Cindy


Chris Giblin wrote:
> Ali,
> Thanks for the hint. This was good to get started with.
>
> I want to read CBEs from a database. It seems the framework always wants
> a file to read. I wonder which class needs to be overriden to bypass the
> requirement to read a log file. Seems there should be a "LogDataSource"
> abstraction so data can be read from anywhere, not only from a file.
> I'll keep looking for the right hook.
>
> thanks, chris
>
> Ali Mehregani wrote:
>> Your approach makes sense to me. If you download TPTP-SDK you can use
>> the Log Parser example to get started (use File > New > Example >
>> Logging > Log Parser Extension Sample).
>>
>>
>> "Chris Giblin" <cgi@zurich.ibm.com> wrote in message
>> news:eee9cc$tn7$1@utils.eclipse.org...
>>> Hi,
>>> I am new to LTA/GLA and would like to perform analysis of CBEs in the
>>> LTA. But these CBEs do not need to be derived from imported logs
>>> using with GLAs. Rather, these CBEs already exist in a relational
>>> database.
>>>
>>> I suspect I need to add a new log type by means of a plugin. I would
>>> develop a static adapter which accesses the DB with JDBC and passes
>>> the CBE through and then deploy this as a plugin.
>>>
>>> Is this the way you pro's would do it as well?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> chris
>>
>>
Previous Topic:Automated GUI test of workspace-plugins?
Next Topic:Running a JUnit test remotly on 2 (or more) machine in PARALLEL
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Apr 17 03:34:52 EDT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01531 seconds