Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Subversive » package collapse problem
package collapse problem [message #7392] Mon, 04 June 2007 12:47 Go to next message
Adam Cabler is currently offline Adam Cabler
Messages: 113
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------000308010009040300080408
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hello,
I am having a problem with the package explorer. In hierarchy mode,
the empty packages aren't being properly collapsed. I filed this
<https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=189976>bug against, the
platform, but they suggested the problem would be better fixed with
svn. I wanted to see if any of the devs here agree with this and if
something could be done to help it. Right now, its really annoying to
have to open X empty packages to get to my source. I'm not convinced it
shouldn't be fixed in the platform, but they want more requests on it
before considering a fix.

thanks,
adam

--------------000308010009040300080408
Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
</head>
<body bgcolor="#ffffff" text="#000000">
Hello,<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp; I am having a problem with the package explorer.&nbsp; In hierarchy mode,
the empty packages aren't being properly collapsed.&nbsp; I filed <a
href="https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=189976">this </a>bug
against, the platform, but they suggested the problem would be better
fixed with svn.&nbsp; I wanted to see if any of the devs here agree with
this and if something could be done to help it.&nbsp; Right now, its really
annoying to have to open X empty packages to get to my source.&nbsp; I'm not
convinced it shouldn't be fixed in the platform, but they want more
requests on it before considering a fix.<br>
<br>
thanks,<br>
adam<br>
</body>
</html>

--------------000308010009040300080408--
Re: package collapse problem [message #7404 is a reply to message #7392] Tue, 05 June 2007 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Valenta is currently offline Michael Valenta
Messages: 560
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Adam,

I've commented on the bug. Regardless of whether or not you think JDT
should treat packages that have all their content filtered as empty
packages, the fact that the .svn folders are being seen by JDT is an
issue that is, IMHO, more important to address. If you turn off the .*
filter in various views, do you see the .svn folders? Are you using the
Subversive plug-in?

Michael

AdamC wrote:
> Hello,
> I am having a problem with the package explorer. In hierarchy mode,
> the empty packages aren't being properly collapsed. I filed this
> <https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=189976>bug against, the
> platform, but they suggested the problem would be better fixed with
> svn. I wanted to see if any of the devs here agree with this and if
> something could be done to help it. Right now, its really annoying to
> have to open X empty packages to get to my source. I'm not convinced it
> shouldn't be fixed in the platform, but they want more requests on it
> before considering a fix.
>
> thanks,
> adam
Re: package collapse problem [message #7412 is a reply to message #7404] Tue, 05 June 2007 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam Cabler is currently offline Adam Cabler
Messages: 113
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Michael,
If I turn off this filter, I do see the .svn folders. And yes, I'm
using subversive.

adam

Michael Valenta wrote:
> Adam,
>
> I've commented on the bug. Regardless of whether or not you think JDT
> should treat packages that have all their content filtered as empty
> packages, the fact that the .svn folders are being seen by JDT is an
> issue that is, IMHO, more important to address. If you turn off the .*
> filter in various views, do you see the .svn folders? Are you using
> the Subversive plug-in?
>
> Michael
>
> AdamC wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I am having a problem with the package explorer. In hierarchy
>> mode, the empty packages aren't being properly collapsed. I filed
>> this <https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=189976>bug
>> against, the platform, but they suggested the problem would be better
>> fixed with svn. I wanted to see if any of the devs here agree with
>> this and if something could be done to help it. Right now, its
>> really annoying to have to open X empty packages to get to my
>> source. I'm not convinced it shouldn't be fixed in the platform, but
>> they want more requests on it before considering a fix.
>>
>> thanks,
>> adam
Re: package collapse problem [message #7443 is a reply to message #7412] Fri, 08 June 2007 08:01 Go to previous message
Igor Vinnykov is currently offline Igor Vinnykov
Messages: 61
Registered: July 2009
Member
Hello Adam and Michal,

This problem is on our track, so we will try to resolve it like Michael
suggested in Bugzilla item. Thank you for your comments.

Best regards,
Igor Vinnykov

"AdamC" <acabler@hotmail.com> ???????/???????? ? ???????? ?????????:
news:f442nm$5ar$1@build.eclipse.org...
> Hi Michael,
> If I turn off this filter, I do see the .svn folders. And yes, I'm
> using subversive.
>
> adam
>
> Michael Valenta wrote:
>> Adam,
>>
>> I've commented on the bug. Regardless of whether or not you think JDT
>> should treat packages that have all their content filtered as empty
>> packages, the fact that the .svn folders are being seen by JDT is an
>> issue that is, IMHO, more important to address. If you turn off the .*
>> filter in various views, do you see the .svn folders? Are you using the
>> Subversive plug-in?
>>
>> Michael
>>
>> AdamC wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>> I am having a problem with the package explorer. In hierarchy mode,
>>> the empty packages aren't being properly collapsed. I filed this
>>> <https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=189976>bug against, the
>>> platform, but they suggested the problem would be better fixed with svn.
>>> I wanted to see if any of the devs here agree with this and if something
>>> could be done to help it. Right now, its really annoying to have to
>>> open X empty packages to get to my source. I'm not convinced it
>>> shouldn't be fixed in the platform, but they want more requests on it
>>> before considering a fix.
>>>
>>> thanks,
>>> adam
Previous Topic:prevent .svn from being copied to bin
Next Topic:enhancements in Mylar team API
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Tue Jul 22 21:42:31 EDT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02863 seconds