Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Error symbol not shown in Navigator view
Error symbol not shown in Navigator view [message #742105] Thu, 20 October 2011 07:13 Go to next message
T Core is currently offline T CoreFriend
I use Eclipse for java development. Currently the Navigator view does not show the small error symbol (white x on red background) if there is a syntax error within a java file.

I tested this with a small java project containing a single java class. An intentionally created syntax error lead to an entry in Problems view and an error symbol is shown in my code, in file tab and in Package Explorer, but not in Navigator view (neither file level nor folder level).

"Build automatically" is activated.

Any ideas how to display the error decorator also in Navigator view? I'm sure that this was possible before. Is it a bug maybe? Thanks!

---

Eclipse Java EE IDE for Web Developers. Version: Indigo Service Release 1 Build id: 20110916-0149
Re: Error symbol not shown in Navigator view [message #742228 is a reply to message #742105] Thu, 20 October 2011 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HainaSoft  is currently offline HainaSoft Friend
Hi, try to use the Project Explorer view. In my Eclipse, both views Project Explorer and Navigator shows the error marks. Sorry I don't know why your Navigator view does not show error marks, however I suggest to use Project Explorer view instead.
Re: Error symbol not shown in Navigator view [message #753744 is a reply to message #742105] Fri, 28 October 2011 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Trevor  is currently offline Trevor Friend
I also have this error in Eclipse Java EE IDE for Web Developers Indigo Release SP 1. I went back to just the Indigo Release and it shows up. I know that it is also in the Java Dev build.
Re: Error symbol not shown in Navigator view [message #754416 is a reply to message #753744] Wed, 02 November 2011 13:52 Go to previous message
Dani Megert is currently offline Dani MegertFriend
On 28.10.2011 16:48, Trevor wrote:
> I also have this error in Eclipse Java EE IDE for Web Developers
> Indigo Release SP 1. I went back to just the Indigo Release and it
> shows up. I know that it is also in the Java Dev build.
Take a look at https://bugs.eclipse.org/362190

Dani
Previous Topic:Compiling(Building) Changes(fixes) .class while I don't need that.
Next Topic:How to distinguish UI / non-UI thread in eclipse development
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 02:25:15 GMT 2024