Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » M2M (model-to-model transformation) » UML to Ecore
UML to Ecore [message #80711] Mon, 05 May 2008 18:51 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: naeemkhans79.hotmail.com

hi all,

can any one tell me how can I generate Ecore model from UML2 Class
Diagram???

Regards,
Khan
Re: UML to Ecore [message #80726 is a reply to message #80711] Mon, 05 May 2008 19:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: merks.ca.ibm.com

Khan,

It seems to me that your best bet is to reuse what
org.eclipse.uml2.uml.ecore.importer is doing rather than trying to
reimplement it.


Khan wrote:
> hi all,
>
> can any one tell me how can I generate Ecore model from UML2 Class
> Diagram???
>
> Regards,
> Khan
>
>
Re: UML to Ecore [message #80804 is a reply to message #80726] Tue, 06 May 2008 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: naeemkhans79.hotmail.com

i am not betting to reuse any thing what already exists. But the thing is
to get my goal as I said UML Class Diagram Parser. I am not having it even
gone through EMF tutorial. I dont know whether it is version conflict
(eclipse,EMF,Omondo,java) or some thing that I dont get it. for example,
you see the link below I like to generate Ecore model from Uml diagram
shown in the link. then I can generate *.genmodel from Ecore model and
then generate java codes. the way what I uderstood is like this, isnt
it??? if im wrong then guide me where im wrong in this concept.

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/library/os-ecem f1/#UsingEMFmodel

No doubt EMF itself is very useful but how can I get my goal out of it??
that is my problem to go further.

well, im student intermediate level java programmer, I might be wrong in
concepts than you guys. but your recommendation will be appreciated.

Khan
Re: UML to Ecore [message #80813 is a reply to message #80804] Tue, 06 May 2008 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: merks.ca.ibm.com

Khan,

Comments below.

Khan wrote:
> i am not betting to reuse any thing what already exists.
My advice was to reuse what exists. The M2M folks don't have an
existing UML -> Ecore transformation. The UML2 project has already
fully implemented that.
> But the thing is to get my goal as I said UML Class Diagram Parser.
If your class diagram conforms to the UML model you should be able to
read it with the UML2 APIs.
> I am not having it even gone through EMF tutorial.
Yet in another post (an exceedingly long thread on the EMF newsgroups)
it seems you did follow the tutorials, so I'm a bit confused.
> I dont know whether it
I wonder what "it" is?
> is version conflict (eclipse,EMF,Omondo,java) or some thing that I
> dont get it. for example, you see the link below I like to generate
> Ecore model from Uml diagram shown in the link. then I can generate
> *.genmodel from Ecore model and then generate java codes. the way what
> I uderstood is like this, isnt it???
Yes. Many people use UML's Ecore importer to read a UML serialization
and convert it to Ecore.
> if im wrong then guide me where im wrong in this concept.
>
> http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/library/os-ecem f1/#UsingEMFmodel
>
>
> No doubt EMF itself is very useful but how can I get my goal out of
> it?? that is my problem to go further.
I'm very confused why you are asking on the M2M newsgroup a question
that's far more likely to be answered on the UML newsgroup.
>
> well, im student intermediate level java programmer, I might be wrong
> in concepts than you guys. but your recommendation will be appreciated.
If you clearly describe what problems you are having following the UML's
tutorials, on the UML2 newsgroup, I'm sure folks will help...
>
> Khan
>
>
Re: UML to Ecore [message #81725 is a reply to message #80711] Tue, 20 May 2008 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: user.domain.invalid

Khan wrote:
> hi all,
>
> can any one tell me how can I generate Ecore model from UML2 Class
> Diagram???
>
> Regards,
> Khan
>
>
Hi,
I don't know what exactly is the context of ur problem but i have done
it recently. i created a UML2 class diagram in papyrus. It creates two
files for the project (.di2 and .uml) now go and create new EMF Project
(not the Empty EMF Project). Give it a new name in the next step and
then in the next step 'model importers' choose UML model. Next choose
the .uml file (previously existing) from the system for the 'Model url'
field. In the next step, choose ur package and finish. Here is ur .ecore
file generated.

Cheers. I hope this is wat u want.

-aamir-
Re: UML to Ecore [message #84914 is a reply to message #80813] Mon, 23 June 2008 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stefano Zaninetta is currently offline Stefano ZaninettaFriend
Messages: 2
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hi Ed,
as regards
> Yes. Many people use UML's Ecore importer to read a UML serialization
> and convert it to Ecore.
could you please post an example of Ecore importer use or a link where I
can find some documentation about it?
thanks a lot,
Ste
Re: UML to Ecore [message #638838 is a reply to message #80711] Fri, 12 November 2010 17:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tom Brandenburg is currently offline Tom BrandenburgFriend
Messages: 58
Registered: October 2010
Location: Abstatt, Germany
Member
Hello all,

I have the same problem. I want to make a UML to Ecore transformation. I found out that org.eclipse.uml2.uml.ecore.exporter is maybe the best way of doing so. Am I right?
But now my question is, how I can deal with UMLExporter in order to create a Ecore model? Does anyone have an example?

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Tom

Re: UML to Ecore [message #638843 is a reply to message #80711] Fri, 12 November 2010 18:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tom Brandenburg is currently offline Tom BrandenburgFriend
Messages: 58
Registered: October 2010
Location: Abstatt, Germany
Member
Ah, maybe it's better to use UMLUtil.UML2EcoreConverter Smile Does someone have a code example here?

Thanks,
Tom
Re: UML to Ecore [message #639018 is a reply to message #80711] Sun, 14 November 2010 19:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tom Brandenburg is currently offline Tom BrandenburgFriend
Messages: 58
Registered: October 2010
Location: Abstatt, Germany
Member
Hello,

sry, for spamming...isn't there any easy solution?

Thanks and bye
Tom
Re: UML to Ecore [message #639033 is a reply to message #639018] Sun, 14 November 2010 22:19 Go to previous message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Messages: 4154
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
On 14/11/2010 19:36, Tom Brandenburg wrote:
> Hello,
>
> sry, for spamming...isn't there any easy solution?
>
> Thanks and bye
> Tom
Eclipse usually providers many examples.

Import the plugins into your workspace and Find References.

Yet more may be found by Checking out test projects from CVS.

Regards

Ed Willink
Previous Topic:[ATL] ATL Transformation launch manually sucess. programmatically no sucess
Next Topic:[ATL] Stereotype Transformation
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Fri Nov 28 04:28:15 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02541 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software