Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » EDAPT(problem with generating a referenced genmodel)
EDAPT [message #735375] Tue, 11 October 2011 15:51 Go to next message
Amanuel Koshima is currently offline Amanuel KoshimaFriend
Hi All,

I use EDAPT to develop my tool. In my tool, I reference "Change" model element from from EDAPT. When I tried to generate a genmodel for my metamodel, I cannot add "declaration.genmodel" in referenced generator model.

When I validate the declaration.ecore file using a validation tool shifted with EMF editor, I have got a warning shown in attached file. I used a small example of metamodel which references "Change" in EDAPT and have got the same warning while generating a genmodel for it. Besides I cannot add "declaration.genmodel" in referenced generator model while I am generating a genmodel for my metamodel .

I do not want to generate a new genmodel for declaration.ecore model of EDAPT along with my metamodel. I want to use the genmodel of EDAPT as it was defined in the EDAPT.

Any help would be appreciated

cheers!
Re: EDAPT [message #735412 is a reply to message #735375] Tue, 11 October 2011 17:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Markus Herrmannsdoerfer is currently offline Markus HerrmannsdoerferFriend
Hi Amanuel,

the declaration generator model was out of date and therefore you could
not refer to it. I reloaded it and everything should work now.
Unfortunately, I currently cannot create a new version on the update
site, since my shell access was blocked due to the new security
restrictions of the Eclipse foundation. So you have to check out the
source code to get the patch. Let me know in case you still have problems.
Cheers,

Markus

CR: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=360563

Am 11.10.2011 17:51, schrieb Amanuel:
> Hi All,
>
> I use EDAPT to develop my tool. In my tool, I reference "Change" model element from from EDAPT. When I tried to generate a genmodel for my metamodel, I cannot add "declaration.genmodel" in referenced generator model.
>
> When I validate the declaration.ecore file using a validation tool shifted with EMF editor, I have got a warning shown in attached file. I used a small example of metamodel which references "Change" in EDAPT and have got the same warning while generating a genmodel for it. Besides I cannot add "declaration.genmodel" in referenced generator model while I am generating a genmodel for my metamodel .
>
> I do not want to generate a new genmodel for declaration.ecore model of EDAPT along with my metamodel. I want to use the genmodel of EDAPT as it was defined in the EDAPT.
>
> Any help would be appreciated
>
> cheers!
Re: EDAPT [message #735416 is a reply to message #735412] Tue, 11 October 2011 18:13 Go to previous message
Amanuel Koshima is currently offline Amanuel KoshimaFriend
Hello,

Thank you Markus, it works now
Previous Topic:zip archive support (Edapt)
Next Topic:Suppressing Model Objects (ch 19.2.1 of THE BOOK)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:44:08 GMT 2024