Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Jubula » Defining multiple key combinations for an action on the same test
Defining multiple key combinations for an action on the same test [message #735063] Mon, 10 October 2011 20:00 Go to next message
Juan Diaz is currently offline Juan Diaz
Hello!

I have this test that conssits of simple data input and a OK button. This button can be accesed either by clicking it, by pressing ctrl+m or by pressing enter. I haven been able to create a test that use in one run (my data set has several items and for each there is a run) ctrl+m, then on another one enter and then on another one clicking on the button.

The final goal is to test the three methods for telling the app data is ok. Do i have to create three different tests? if so, is there any way to easily copy and paste the tests or test steps to avoid redong all the work twice?

Thanks a lot!
Re: Defining multiple key combinations for an action on the same test [message #735156 is a reply to message #735063] Tue, 11 October 2011 06:30 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra Schladebeck
Hi,

If your tests are doing three different workflows, then the very least you need is a different module for the parts of each workflow that are different (clicking, ctrl+m, enter). You should write reusable modules for the parts of the test that remain the same (doing the input, reacting / checking afterwards).

Here is the section on extracting modules from Test Cases you have already written:
http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/topic/org.eclipse.jubula.client.ua.help/html/manual/node93.html

Best regards,
Alex

Previous Topic:Can't get "Check Existence of Value in Column" to work correctly
Next Topic:Is there a way to select a context menu item of an already opened context menu?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Oct 24 09:41:59 GMT 2014