Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Maven Integration (M2E) » What Does Build Automatically Do?
What Does Build Automatically Do? [message #734853] Mon, 10 October 2011 08:00 Go to next message
Blank Reg is currently offline Blank RegFriend
I have an ant run plugin that's called during the initialize life cycle, which does not 'appear' to run.

I'm using SpringSource Tool Suite 2.7.2 which is based on Eclipse. I'm using the m2e plug-in. Its a WTP project built from an MVC template. I haven't set up a maven run as configuration since I'm using the WTP servers project to run the code.

What does build automatically actually do when the maven builder is configured (which it is in my case)? In preferences there is a setting to say waht goal to run when updating the project configuration, but I guess this doesn't cover day to day source code changes? In the project settings there is a setting for goals to run when the resources change - does this include source code or just things like images etc?

Does the maven builder change its behaviour depending on the type of project or does it only do what is defined in the preferences and project properties?

Re: What Does Build Automatically Do? [message #734926 is a reply to message #734853] Mon, 10 October 2011 12:47 Go to previous message
Blank Reg is currently offline Blank RegFriend
Perhaps it would help if I described what I am trying to achieve. Essentially its conditional compilation. I want to include different source code and web resources depending on the name of a customer. I can do this in Maven, but I can't see how to do it in a way that works with Eclipse.

I'm left feeling like I have two different build systems, m2eclipse and maven, but I'm not sure what the differences are.
Previous Topic:No aspectj-maven-plugin m2e connector
Next Topic:null pointer exception when using custom archetype
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:04:21 GMT 2024