Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Re-Use GUI in embedded eclipse viewpart and Standalone RCP application window
Re-Use GUI in embedded eclipse viewpart and Standalone RCP application window [message #734390] Fri, 07 October 2011 15:50
gary.stoneman is currently offline gary.stonemanFriend
I want to be able to write a GUI that can be used in both an embedded eclipse viewpart and a standalone RCP Application Window.

It looks like I may have to create a common viewpart for each "project". In the eclipse embedded project I can take this viewpart and add a menubar by using the jface.action.IToolBarManager.

However I would like to wrap this same viewpart up in an application window to create a standalone RCP application with a normal swt.widgets.Menu.

Is there anway to have a common gui between the two, but have different menubar depending on if it is embedded in eclipse or truely a standalone RCP application.

Obviously I don't want to have to redesign the GUI, but not sure how I would handle two types of menubars.

How would I setup the project's to create a (plugin + feature + update site) and a (Standalone RCP application .exe).

I have found this link describing how to convert a viewpart to an rcp application but cannot get it to work:
http: cyberpen.wordpress.com/2008/06/16/convertion-of-a-plugin-to-a-standalone-rcp-application/

Is the above a sensible approach?

Thanks for your help
Gary
Previous Topic:JFace DateTime not grayed out on Solaris
Next Topic:Exception when re-opening PrefenceDialog ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 10:48:49 GMT 2024