Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BIRT » Group date time by 30 min intervals.(Need to group report by time.)
Group date time by 30 min intervals. [message #733932] Thu, 06 October 2011 02:06 Go to next message
KK  is currently offline KK Friend
Hi,
I have a requirement to group the report by every 30 mins...regardless of whether there is any action for that time period or not...not everyhour has an entry so if a particular 30 min segment has no activity then the quantity(count) has to be zero.

The user input decides the start date/time, so until the end date/time the report should break down by 30 mins interval.

I tried using the group by function with an interval of 30 mins but that did not work. Please advise.
Re: Group date time by 30 min intervals. [message #734091 is a reply to message #733932] Thu, 06 October 2011 16:01 Go to previous message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

The problem is that the grouping is based on the data supplied and will
not add entries. One way to get around this is to use scripted dataset
that creates a dataset with a row for every 30 minute interval and then
nest your second table into a table that is tied to the scripted
dataset. Look at the attached example which uses a similar approach to
create a calendar report that shows orders that occurred on a specific date.

Jason

On 10/5/2011 10:06 PM, KK wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a requirement to group the report by every 30 mins...regardless of whether there is any action for that time period or not...not everyhour has an entry so if a particular 30 min segment has no activity then the quantity(count) has to be zero.
>
> The user input decides the start date/time, so until the end date/time the report should break down by 30 mins interval.
>
> I tried using the group by function with an interval of 30 mins but that did not work. Please advise.
Previous Topic:Cannot create a data set
Next Topic:BIRT Bug 202330 - [Crosstab improvements] Ability to put headers for dimensions on crosstabs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Dec 19 00:47:05 GMT 2014