Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » XSD » how to create a single Ecore model from multiple XSDs?
how to create a single Ecore model from multiple XSDs? [message #733782] Wed, 05 October 2011 15:50
Daniel Engelhardt is currently offline Daniel EngelhardtFriend
Hello,

I don't know if I am writing in the correct forum as there are so many of those. Maybe it belongs in the M2M section or someplace else. If it does, I apologize in advance.

My problem is the following:
I have two xsd's, where one extends the other for another namespace. In essence, the one includes the other[1].

These XSD files describe an XMI file (using both namespaces) I want to create using Eclipse Model2Model technology (QVToperational).

Therefore, I would like to create an Ecore model of this files and therefore, I converted my XSD descriptions to Ecore using the Model importer. My problem is that this results in two distinct Ecore models.

I cannot figure out a way to create just one Ecore model that contains both namespace descriptions. Is Ecore limited the same way as XSD insofar as just one namespace is allowed per model? If not, how can I connect these to models and create one unique Ecore description?

Or (that is the QVT question) is it somehow possible to write a QVT transformation with two distinct output models writing to the same XMI file in the correct order and using both namespaces correctly? I could not figure out how to do it.

I hope that my question is understandable and someone has a solution for me.

Thank you very much in advance!

Best regards,
Daniel

[1]: Like this (I am not allowed to post "links" yet):
<xs:schema xmlns:xs="XMLSchema" 
	targetNamespace="this-namespace">
<xs:element name="foo">  
  <xs:complexType>
   <xs:choice minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded">
    <xs:any namespace="other-namespace" processContents="strict" />
   </xs:choice>
  </xs:complexType>