Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Can't save editor content
Can't save editor content [message #732165] Tue, 04 October 2011 06:19 Go to next message
Greg Cottman is currently offline Greg CottmanFriend
I'm creating an editor using the NonExistingFileEditorInput class as the IEditorInput. When I click the save button for the editor, I expected to get a normal file save dialog, whose directory was set to the path in my plug-in's metadata directory.

Instead I get the Save As dialog that's attached, which has no way of specifying a parent folder, and makes it impossible to save a file.

I've read all the doc I can find, but unfortunately it all shows examples with existing files. If I open my editor with an existing file and do Save or Save As then it all works fine.

Is there something I should be setting to say save the content of new editor instances as a normal text file in the local file system?

Thanks,
Greg.
  • Attachment: saveAs.jpg
    (Size: 20.37KB, Downloaded 194 times)
Re: Can't save editor content [message #734946 is a reply to message #732165] Mon, 10 October 2011 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dani Megert is currently offline Dani MegertFriend
On 04.10.2011 08:19, Greg Cottman wrote:
> I'm creating an editor using the NonExistingFileEditorInput class as the IEditorInput. When I click the save button for the editor, I expected to get a normal file save dialog, whose directory was set to the path in my plug-in's metadata directory.
>
> Instead I get the Save As dialog that's attached, which has no way of specifying a parent folder, and makes it impossible to save a file.
>
> I've read all the doc I can find, but unfortunately it all shows examples with existing files. If I open my editor with an existing file and do Save or Save As then it all works fine.
>
> Is there something I should be setting to say save the content of new editor instances as a normal text file in the local file system?
You need to implement this in your editor by your own.

Dani
>
> Thanks,
> Greg.
Re: Can't save editor content [message #735084 is a reply to message #734946] Mon, 10 October 2011 21:41 Go to previous message
Greg Cottman is currently offline Greg CottmanFriend
Actually, I've just resolved this problem by changing my IEditorInput implementation to extend FileStoreEditorInput. Now any save operations treat the editor contents as a text file, and save them to the local file system.
Previous Topic:IReusableEditor : is a file rename a "change of input"?
Next Topic:Feature based export does not work
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 04:50:28 GMT 2024