Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Handling a Windows messagebox
Handling a Windows messagebox [message #732079] Mon, 03 October 2011 21:17 Go to next message
Jeremy Crouse is currently offline Jeremy CrouseFriend
I'm am testing a RCP app. When you do a search in the app and no records are returned, a Windows style message box appears with the Window title "No Matches Found", and an OK button. I need to be able to determine if/when that box appears and then press the OK button. So far, I haven't been able to successfully check for the window existence, nor press the OK button.

Ideas?

Thanks

JBC
Re: Handling a Windows messagebox [message #732174 is a reply to message #732079] Tue, 04 October 2011 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

Have a look at the documentation for "External Key Combination" and "External Input Text" here:
http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/topic/org.eclipse.jubula.client.ua.help/html/reference/node13.html

Basically, as such dialogs are not Java, the normal actions won't work. The two actions above will let you deal with the dialog in the test.

HTH,
Alex
Re: Handling a Windows messagebox [message #732321 is a reply to message #732174] Tue, 04 October 2011 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremy Crouse is currently offline Jeremy CrouseFriend
The two actions will let me handle the text box, but how do I know when it's there? If I have a test which has valid names to search as well as invalid names, I need to be able to identify when the message box appears.

Thanks

JBC
Re: Handling a Windows messagebox [message #733641 is a reply to message #732321] Wed, 05 October 2011 09:31 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
There are ways of checking that *something* is blocking the application - trying to open a menu, or clicking in the active window for example will throw an error if a dialog is in front of the AUT, and you can react to that kind of an error in a retry event handler to deal with the window. What exactly is in front can't be determined using our current actions, but that something is there can be.

HTH,
Alex

Previous Topic:Take Screenshots for Active Window
Next Topic:Integrating Jubula with a CI server
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:02:09 GMT 2024