Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » JavaOne
JavaOne [message #731137] Fri, 30 September 2011 05:16 Go to next message
Jan Fetyko is currently offline Jan FetykoFriend
Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I was wondering if any contributors or virgo gurus are attending JavaOne this year and if anybody is willing to meet and discuss about virgo, particularly about performance and optimization.

We're building a decent stack of bundles for our system at CME Group, so far about 40 bundles, ranging from caching, database connections, business related services, all the way to Web UI with snaps. We're running on Virgo 2.1 right now but planing on going 3.x.

If anybody can find time in the JavaOne busy schedule, please let me know, I'm sure we can agree on some time.

Thank you.

Jan
Re: JavaOne [message #731146 is a reply to message #731137] Fri, 30 September 2011 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Borislav Kapukaranov is currently offline Borislav KapukaranovFriend
Hi Jan,

I'm attending JavaOne this year and will present a session about Building and Troubleshooting Modular Applications on Virgo on Thursday.
I'd be happy if we meet up and discuss your usecases!

My email is b.kapukaranov@gmail.com, drop me a note and I'll send you information on how you can reach me on my cell.

Best Regards
Borislav

[Updated on: Fri, 30 September 2011 06:40]

Report message to a moderator

Re: JavaOne [message #734845 is a reply to message #731146] Mon, 10 October 2011 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Borislav Kapukaranov is currently offline Borislav KapukaranovFriend
Hi Jan,

Could you please create enhancement request for the stuff we discussed at JavaOne? You'll probably better describe the scenarios and your needs.
If I remember correctly that would be:
- richer sharing between snaps (not just property files)
- many snaps that share a single Spring app context (thighter Spring integration)
- memory optimization guide

Also I couldn't find a bug for the 2.1 Virgo tooling not working so it'll be very helpful to raise one for this too. Please note the exact versions you tried.

If I'm missing something feel free to open bugzillas about it too.

Thanks for your help!

Best Regards
Borislav
Re: JavaOne [message #740977 is a reply to message #734845] Wed, 19 October 2011 04:02 Go to previous message
Jan Fetyko is currently offline Jan FetykoFriend
Borislav,

Thanks for the info.
First thing we're going to do is to upgrade to 3.x. We will look at the latest tooling for it as well.
For the other things you mentioned, I will need some time to gather the info and then perhaps open tickets for them.

Jan
Previous Topic:Simple WAR (VAADIN) problem
Next Topic:WAB context not finding local classes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 22:48:45 GMT 2024