Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » WindowBuilder newbie wonders how to wake it up(I want my WYSIWYG!)
WindowBuilder newbie wonders how to wake it up [message #730909] Thu, 29 September 2011 14:00 Go to next message
ClayShannon  is currently offline ClayShannon Friend
Not realizing this one existed, I asked this question on a more generic forum:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ORIGINAL QUESTION ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I installed the WindowBuilder plugin into the most recent version of Eclipse (EE and Reports edition).

However, in Eclipse's Java perspective, when I select Windows | Show View | Palette, and even Windows |

Show View | Other | WindowBuilder | Palette, the palette pane (while visible) has nothing [i,o]n it.

Do I have to do something else to get the Palette to populate with widgets/controls?
</ End of Original Question

...and got this answer:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ANSWER ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What you are seeing is the expected behavior. Until you actually edit a UI class using WindowBuilder, those

views will be empty.

Also, this is not the correct place to ask WindowBuilder questions. Please use the WindowBuilder forum

instead.
</ End of Answer

So, I'm asking now: How do I "edit a UI class using WindowBuilder"?

I have an existing project that creates the GUI (buttons, edit boxes, etc.) in code, but I'd like to have the ability to move these controls/widgets around at design-time by dragging them so that my app is just plain instead of being 9X uglier than a bag of butts.

Pointers, anyone?
Re: WindowBuilder newbie wonders how to wake it up [message #730966 is a reply to message #730909] Thu, 29 September 2011 15:54 Go to previous message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
ClayShannon wrote on Thu, 29 September 2011 10:00
How do I "edit a UI class using WindowBuilder"?

Have you tried opening the class using the WindowBuilder Editor?

Also, I would highly recommend taking a look at the WindowBuilder docs as they will easily answer questions like this.
Previous Topic:Design and Test/Preview smaller than when running application
Next Topic:Zipped Update Site has external dependencies?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:56:09 GMT 2024