Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » Abstract class with generics
Abstract class with generics [message #730849] Thu, 29 September 2011 06:56 Go to next message
Andreas  is currently offline Andreas
Hello !

I'm working with Swingbuilder 3.6 on IBM® Rational® Developer for System z® mit Java
Version: 8.0.1.

I create an abstract class with the following constructor:

public AbstractCobolSearchPanel(Class<? extends T> classOfT, U fachlogik, boolean showToolbar, boolean showMessageLine, KkvsWorkspace parent)

and use it in this implementation:

public KV94SearchPanel(KV9401CobolService fachlogik, KkvsWorkspace parent)
throws BackendException {
super(KV9401CompositeBean.class, fachlogik, true, true, parent);

If i open the panel in SwinBuilder i got the message:

WindowBuilder was not able to find constructor with signature <init>(java.lang.Class,de.kbs.framework_pt.persistence.service.KV9401CobolService,boolean,boolean,de.kbs.kkvsframework.gui.mainwindow.KkvsWorkspace) in de.kbs.kkvsframework.gui.panel.AbstractCobolSearchPanel.

Is it not possible to work with generics in constructors ?

Thank's Andreas
Re: Abstract class with generics [message #734213 is a reply to message #730849] Fri, 07 October 2011 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andreas  is currently offline Andreas
Hello !

Me again.

Any help available ?
Re: Abstract class with generics [message #735058 is a reply to message #730849] Mon, 10 October 2011 15:49 Go to previous message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric Clayberg
Using generics in constructors should work fine.

If you are using WB 8.0.1, that is very old. Please try it again using the most recent v1.1 release from Eclipse.

If you are still having problems, please submit a complete bug report to Bugzilla (Tools > WindowBuilder). Include a complete test case and your complete Eclipse .metadata ".log" file and Eclipse configuration.
Previous Topic:RTL support in WindowBuilder
Next Topic:How to make my gui runnable?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Aug 27 04:59:58 EDT 2014