Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Universal tree-based code editor with custom tree node sub menus(tree-based editor, outliner, model tree, code browser, emf, rcp, gmf, dsl, xtext, JFace text, JFace tree, model tree, partitioning, tree node context menu, eclipse, stand alone, user defined language)
|Universal tree-based code editor with custom tree node sub menus [message #730819]
||Thu, 29 September 2011 09:01
| Stefan Eidelloth
Registered: September 2011
I am new to eclipse and would like to have a universal tree-based text editor. Could you please give me hints if something like this already exists or which components I could use / tutorials I can start with. Eclispe seems to offer a lot of possibilities to realize such a thing. I am somehow lost in these possibilies and it would be very nice if you could give me some orientation.
Here is my vision:
- Code editor with two views: a tree-outline and a script window.
- If I change the code (e.g. add a new function), the outline is automatically updated.
- If I change the tree (add new child nodes ect.), the code is updated.
- Each tree node has a context menu (shown with right mouse click) that depends on the type of the node.
- There are external files that define:
+ The grammar of the programming language / the tree node types
+ The context menus of the tree nodes
+ The actions of the tree node menu items
- The tree context menus would make it very easy to learn the user defined programming language
- It should be a stand allone application (maybe rcp that can be extended with new plugins for custom languages, plugins for graphical views (VTK) ect.)
An application example would be the modelling of geometries. The text view would show following code:
Name = "BaseGeometry"
Name = "Base Rectangle"
Coordinates = [0,0, 100, 100]
Name = "Extra Rectangle"
Coordinates = [100,100, 10, 10]
The tree-outline would show a tree representation of this code.
The tree node "Geometry1" would have a sub menu with following options:
+ Add rectangle
+ Add circle
+ Add triangle
The tree node "Base Rectangle" would have a sub menu with
The "Edit" action of the "Base Rectange" tree-node context menu would show a dialog where the coordinates of the rectangle can be entered.
(The root node would have entries like "Add Geoemtry" ect.)
The "univeral" tree-based editor could also be used as XML editor, Java editor, editor for finite elment simulation scripts, ... if the external grammar-, action- ect. files are set accordingly.
tree-based editor, outliner, model tree, code browser, emf, rcp, gmf, dsl, xtext, JFace text, JFace tree, model tree, partitioning, tree node context menu, eclipse, stand alone, user defined language
[Updated on: Mon, 03 October 2011 11:29]
Report message to a moderator
Current Time: Wed Oct 22 04:50:33 GMT 2014
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.02684 seconds