Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Maven Integration (M2E) » Maven WTP Project not respecting [provided] scope(Web project build/debug problem)
icon4.gif  Maven WTP Project not respecting [provided] scope [message #729726] Mon, 26 September 2011 20:49 Go to next message
Tom  is currently offline Tom
I have a large multi-project workspace which builds a web app. I just moved to Eclipse Indigo from Galileo and reinstalled the latest M2E plugin (1.0) and WTP plugin.

Now whenever I try to run this project in Tomcat, the server starts but the app fails and returns the following 500 error (truncated for brevity):

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: /WEB-INF/views/templates/wide.jsp(1,63) Unable to read TLD "META-INF/c.tld" from JAR file "file:/D:/JavaSoftware/workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.wst.server.core/tmp0/wtpwebapps/FirstCallWAR/WEB-INF/lib/standard-1.1.2.jar": org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Failed to load or instantiate TagLibraryValidator class: org.apache.taglibs.standard.tlv.JstlCoreTLV
	org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.jspError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:40)
	org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.dispatch(ErrorDispatcher.java:407)
	org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.jspError(ErrorDispatcher.java:218)

Poking around on the web, I see that this is sometimes caused by the Servlet and JSP jars being included in the WEB-INF/lib directory of my project, and of course they are there.

Problem: I have these marked as "provided" in my POM.XML file. Why are they still being published?

Re: Maven WTP Project not respecting [provided] scope [message #756293 is a reply to message #729726] Fri, 11 November 2011 19:37 Go to previous message
Luca Graf is currently offline Luca Graf
In current version of indigo you need to install the m2e-wtp (Maven Integration for WTP) plug-in. That's does the trick for me.
Iam not sure why the m2e plugin from eclipse.org not honour the as provided scoped dependencies?

The m2e-wtp plugin also include some additional features especially for web projects
(.war ressource filtering for example).

You can found more information here:
http://community.jboss.org/en/tools/blog/2011/09/30/m2eclipse-wtp-0140-new-noteworthy
https://github.com/sonatype/m2eclipse-wtp/wiki

Greetings Luca
Previous Topic:m2e + Spring DM Server Tools error
Next Topic:Classpath entry org.maven.ide.eclipse.MAVEN2_CLASSPATH_CONTAINER will not be exported or published.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Oct 25 03:04:45 GMT 2014