Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BIRT » ods limitations?
ods limitations? [message #727157] Tue, 20 September 2011 10:42 Go to next message
hage Mising name is currently offline hage Mising name
Messages: 67
Registered: September 2011
Member
Hi,

is it possible, that the ods emitter is still beta? i tried some of my reports, and most of them produced an exception, like:

org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.ods.OdsEmitter needOutputInMasterPage
Warning: ODS page header and footer don't support html text.

the contenttype of the elements in the header of the masterpage is "auto"

org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.odf.AbstractOdfEmitter save
Schwerwiegend: Stream closed
java.io.IOException: Stream closed
	at java.util.zip.ZipOutputStream.ensureOpen(ZipOutputStream.java:82)
	at java.util.zip.ZipOutputStream.closeEntry(ZipOutputStream.java:231)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.odf.pkg.Package.writeManifest(Package.java:188)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.odf.pkg.Package.close(Package.java:120)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.odf.AbstractOdfEmitter.save(AbstractOdfEmitter.java:166)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.odf.AbstractOdfEmitter.end(AbstractOdfEmitter.java:143)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.ods.OdsEmitter.end(OdsEmitter.java:552)
...

this one seems to appear for every report, but obviously i can ignore this(?), the few reports that are producing an output, also have this exception

org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.ods.OdsEmitter needOutputInMasterPage
Warning: ODS page header or footer only accept a table no more than 1 row and 3 columns.

my report has a table with one row and two columns as page header, so i don't understand why this warning appears

ODT emitter works well, no problems with that one. The ODS emitter is kind of a special one, isn't it? A simple report with a table of 5 colums just generates the first column and the footer, the rest of the content won't be generated. In ODT (or pdf, xls, doc, ... ) everything is ok, just ODS seems to be buggy. Can anyone acknowledge this behaviour, or tell me what i'm doing wrong here? Is it really necessary, to implement special commands, just for the output to ODS?

thx in advance,

hage

[Updated on: Tue, 20 September 2011 10:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: ods limitations? [message #727193 is a reply to message #727157] Tue, 20 September 2011 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason Weathersby
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

Can you post the report or write a report with the sample db that
reproduces the issue? This may be a bug in the emitter. If we can
reproduce the issue we can fix it.

Jason

On 9/20/2011 10:42 AM, hage wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is it possible, that the ods emitter is still beta? i tried some of my
> reports, and most of them produced an exception, like:
>
>
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.ods.OdsEmitter
> needOutputInMasterPage
> Warning: ODS page header and footer don't support html text.
>
> the contenttype of the elements in the header of the masterpage is "auto"
>
>
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.odf.AbstractOdfEmitter save
> Schwerwiegend: Stream closed
> java.io.IOException: Stream closed
> at java.util.zip.ZipOutputStream.ensureOpen(ZipOutputStream.java:82)
> at java.util.zip.ZipOutputStream.closeEntry(ZipOutputStream.java:231)
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.odf.pkg.Package.writeManifest(Package.java:188)
>
> at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.odf.pkg.Package.close(Package.java:120)
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.odf.AbstractOdfEmitter.save(AbstractOdfEmitter.java:166)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.odf.AbstractOdfEmitter.end(AbstractOdfEmitter.java:143)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.ods.OdsEmitter.end(OdsEmitter.java:552)
>
> ...
>
> this one seems to appear for every report, but obviously i can ignore
> this(?), the few reports that are producing an output, also have this
> exception
>
>
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.ods.OdsEmitter
> needOutputInMasterPage
> Warning: ODS page header or footer only accept a table no more than 1
> row and 3 columns.
>
> my report has a table with one row and two columns as page header, so i
> don't understand why this warning appears
>
> ODT emitter works well, no problems with that one. The ODS emitter is
> kind of a special one, isn't it? A simple report with a table of 5
> colums just generates the first column and the footer, the rest of the
> content won't be generated. In ODT (or pdf, ... ) everything is ok, just
> ODS seems to be buggy. Can anyone acknowledge this behaviour, or tell me
> what i'm doing wrong here? Is it really necessary, to implement special
> commands, just for the output to ODS?
>
> thx in advance,
>
> hage
Re: ods limitations? [message #728435 is a reply to message #727193] Fri, 23 September 2011 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hage Mising name is currently offline hage Mising name
Messages: 67
Registered: September 2011
Member
again, sorry for replying that late.

i generated a report (see attachment), that reproduces the behaviour i described before. in pdf output, everything is fine, in ods just the first column is generated. meanwhile i determined the cause for this:
if i remove the grid in the footer on the masterpage, all three columns are shown in the ods output. pdf output is not affected by that footer.

the log output with loglevel "WARNING" is this:
23.09.2011 11:24:10 org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.ods.OdsEmitter needOutputInMasterPage
WARNUNG: ODS page header or footer only accept a table no more than 1 row and 3 columns.
23.09.2011 11:24:10 org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.odf.AbstractOdfEmitter save
SCHWERWIEGEND: Stream closed
java.io.IOException: Stream closed
	at java.util.zip.ZipOutputStream.ensureOpen(ZipOutputStream.java:70)
	at java.util.zip.ZipOutputStream.closeEntry(ZipOutputStream.java:189)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.odf.pkg.Package.writeManifest(Package.java:188)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.odf.pkg.Package.close(Package.java:120)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.odf.AbstractOdfEmitter.save(AbstractOdfEmitter.java:166)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.odf.AbstractOdfEmitter.end(AbstractOdfEmitter.java:143)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.ods.OdsEmitter.end(OdsEmitter.java:552)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.CompositeContentEmitter.end(CompositeContentEmitter.java:65)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunAndRenderTask.doRun(RunAndRenderTask.java:182)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunAndRenderTask.run(RunAndRenderTask.java:77)
...


(so, i don't think this is a bug in the emitter, sorry for my wrong assumption)

my user should be able to choose the output format by himself, so i need a solution that works for all formats, AND have the pagecount on every page, how can i achieve that?


(edit: with the footer removed, i still get this logoutput:
23.09.2011 11:25:47 org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.odf.AbstractOdfEmitter save
SCHWERWIEGEND: Stream closed
java.io.IOException: Stream closed
	at java.util.zip.ZipOutputStream.ensureOpen(ZipOutputStream.java:70)
	at java.util.zip.ZipOutputStream.closeEntry(ZipOutputStream.java:189)
	at 
org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.odf.pkg.Package.writeManifest(Package.java:188)
...

but a working output, seems like i can ignore this?)

thx in advance,

hage

[Updated on: Fri, 23 September 2011 05:33]

Report message to a moderator

Re: ods limitations? [message #728645 is a reply to message #728435] Fri, 23 September 2011 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason Weathersby
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

This does look like a bug to me. It would be good to log it. As a work
around can you set the visibility expression for the grid in the footer
to not display in ODS. I did it with your attached report and it
worked. I also cleared the footer and used the page n of m variable and
it worked as well.

Jason

On 9/23/2011 5:32 AM, hage wrote:
> again, sorry for replying that late.
>
> i generated a report (see attachment), that reproduces the behaviour i described before. in pdf output, everything is fine, in ods just the first column is generated. meanwhile i determined the cause for this:
> if i remove the grid in the footer on the masterpage, all three columns are shown in the ods output. pdf output is not affected by that footer.
>
> the log output with loglevel "WARNING" is this:
>
> 23.09.2011 11:24:10 org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.ods.OdsEmitter needOutputInMasterPage
> WARNUNG: ODS page header or footer only accept a table no more than 1 row and 3 columns.
> 23.09.2011 11:24:10 org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.odf.AbstractOdfEmitter save
> SCHWERWIEGEND: Stream closed
> java.io.IOException: Stream closed
> at java.util.zip.ZipOutputStream.ensureOpen(ZipOutputStream.java:70)
> at java.util.zip.ZipOutputStream.closeEntry(ZipOutputStream.java:189)
> at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.odf.pkg.Package.writeManifest(Package.java:188)
> at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.odf.pkg.Package.close(Package.java:120)
> at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.odf.AbstractOdfEmitter.save(AbstractOdfEmitter.java:166)
> at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.odf.AbstractOdfEmitter.end(AbstractOdfEmitter.java:143)
> at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.ods.OdsEmitter.end(OdsEmitter.java:552)
> at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.CompositeContentEmitter.end(CompositeContentEmitter.java:65)
> at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunAndRenderTask.doRun(RunAndRenderTask.java:182)
> at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunAndRenderTask.run(RunAndRenderTask.java:77)
> ...
>
>
> (so, i don't think this is a bug in the emitter, sorry for my wrong assumption)
>
> my user should be able to choose the output format by himself, so i need a solution that works for all formats, AND have the pagecount on every page, how can i achieve that?
>
>
> (edit: with the footer removed, i still get this logoutput:
>
> 23.09.2011 11:25:47 org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.odf.AbstractOdfEmitter save
> SCHWERWIEGEND: Stream closed
> java.io.IOException: Stream closed
> at java.util.zip.ZipOutputStream.ensureOpen(ZipOutputStream.java:70)
> at java.util.zip.ZipOutputStream.closeEntry(ZipOutputStream.java:189)
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.odf.pkg.Package.writeManifest(Package.java:188)
> ...
>
> but a working output, seems like i can ignore this?)
Re: ods limitations? [message #729436 is a reply to message #727157] Mon, 26 September 2011 03:52 Go to previous message
hage Mising name is currently offline hage Mising name
Messages: 67
Registered: September 2011
Member
ok, using that visibility function does it for me. page count in tables isn't that usefull at all, so my users should be able to live without that (that n of m function, without a grid, does not work here for ods).

thx for your help,
hage
Previous Topic:resource file usage
Next Topic:How to handle HTML labels in pie chart legend
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Jul 24 19:13:11 EDT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02965 seconds