Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » snaps host not working when deployed from within Eclipse (STS) onto Virgo [SOLVED](when deployed via admin console it does)
icon5.gif  snaps host not working when deployed from within Eclipse (STS) onto Virgo [SOLVED] [message #727069] Tue, 20 September 2011 10:55 Go to next message
Jochen Szostek is currently offline Jochen SzostekFriend

EDIT: NB, I could resolve this issue by changing the bundle versions in template.mf from 1.0 to 3.0.1.RELEASE.

I still wonder if JSF2+xhtml could be used instead of JSF (with snaps)... but now I should be able to try it out myself too perhaps. Smile

Hi all,

I'm experimenting some more with snaps, and I've noticed that when deploying the org.eclipse.virgo.snaps.sample.animal host from inside Springsource Tool Suite, it doesn't pick up the client animals. If I deploy it via the admin console it works.

And a host deployed via admin console does pick up the clients-deployed-via-STS as well as the ones deployed via the admin console.

Is this normal behavior? And if so, is there a way to work around so that I could also deploy hosts via Eclipse itself?

And while I'm here... I was also wondering if it would be possible to use JSF2+xhtml instead of JSP's using the same snaps build? As perhaps the same level of hooks could be used depending on how snaps was implemented.

Thanks a lot in advance!!

Jochen

[Updated on: Tue, 20 September 2011 12:01]

Report message to a moderator

Re: snaps host not working when deployed from within Eclipse (STS) onto Virgo [SOLVED] [message #727098 is a reply to message #727069] Tue, 20 September 2011 12:09 Go to previous message
Chris Frost is currently offline Chris FrostFriend

Hi,

Glad you got it working. On the point of JSF+xhtml, I see no reason why it shouldn't work just fine. What hooks are you referring to? In the host it's just a filter there isn't any magic going on behind the scenes.

Chris.

------------------------------------------------
Chris Frost, Twitter @cgfrost
Springsource, a divison of VMware.
Previous Topic:Problem deploying a plan that contains an already active bundle
Next Topic:Problem deploying a plan that contains an already active bundle
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 14:58:57 GMT 2024